Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a warrant out for me?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA, SWA, HA, Qantas
Originally Posted by Psychocadet
Don't give them that much credit... they may have put a warrant out... and US ICE may kno about it.... but I really doubt they called interpol or your national police. That is because they are unlikley to spend the money to extrodite you .

It's simple. IF Gila County Arizona issued a felony warrant for some sort of sex crime, it would have been entered into NCIC. IF OP presents himself to U.S. CBP at a port of entry and they scan his passport or enter his particulars, the felony warrant will show.

Given the slim information that the OP has presented, and IF that is about all there is to the situation, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the Gila County Attorney's Office filed charges and requested a warrant. As a matter of fact I find it doubtful that The Sheriff's Office (or local Police Department in a city in Gila County) even requested a review for possible issuance of charges with the County Attorney. Again, that is given the information the OP has provided about a mad girlfriend who allegedly reported him to the police well after his departure.

But who knows? The OP either needs to just come take his medicine and see what happens, or shell out some dollars for real legal help to track this situation down. If his business is that important he should have dealt with this long ago, for his own piece of mind.

The good ole internet is only good for long threads of theories.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 4:41 pm

Programs: HA, AA, Starwood
Well said, bbc1969. It's always fun to treat these kinds of things seriously for discussion purposes, but what you just said is the real answer. Suck it up and find out, or stop beating around the bush and get an answer you can take to the bank.

M
Old Sep 14, 2008, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by MarcWPhoto
Well said, bbc1969. It's always fun to treat these kinds of things seriously for discussion purposes, but what you just said is the real answer. Suck it up and find out, or stop beating around the bush and get an answer you can take to the bank.

M
Agreed.

By the way, as I was surfing the internet today, I stumbled across an unusual web site, http://law.justanswer.com/?r=galaw&J...FQzBGgod4jK8Yg

I think it's safe to say that OP got at least $30 worth of advice here.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by dreamer81
To be straigt forward it was this option: " I hate you, you bast___, I am calling the cops. ".
(Bolding mine)

First of all, take all the advices from earlier posters with legal training/background.

Secondly, if that's the words your then-angry-17-year-old-ex GF used, I would probably take it as the equivalent of "you go to hell" or "drop death" kind of curse. Even broken-hearted, she might have never contacted the police ever. Not sure if my guess would give you any comfort though.

Good luck!

ps. I ain't no lawyer and am not giving you any legal advice.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 9:30 pm

Programs: Club Premier, AmEx Plat, Priority Pass
The relevant information missing is whether the ex was such a b**** that she would go through all the hassle of telling the cops and the OP is now afraid OR the OP is just extremely cautious in everything he does.

Anyways, she scared the hell out of him, thus, the ex won.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 9:12 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Since the OP has deleted his original post, we'll close this down to further discussion.

Thanks.

Cholula
Travel Safety/Security Forum Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.