Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Chertoff: European terrorists trying to enter US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2008, 6:17 am
cpx
Original Poster

Programs: Many

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080718/.../terror_threat

WASHINGTON - European terrorists are trying to enter the United States with European Union passports, and there is no guarantee officials will catch them every time, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Thursday.

Chertoff and other intelligence officials have delivered similar warnings before, and he offered no new information about specific threats or an imminent attack.

Chertoff said that getting out a regulation to prescreen and enhance security of general aviation aircraft coming to the U.S. from overseas is one of his top priorities.

Chertoff's term as the country's second Homeland Security Secretary ends when a new administration takes over the White House in January.
How much more damage he would do before leaving the post?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Responding to a question from Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, Chertoff dismissed any rumor that he is on a list of potential running mates for Sen. John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.
As a registered Democrat and Obama supporter, I would be thrilled for Chertoff to be the running mate. I can't wait for the commercials to start: "Michael Chertoff, the man who brought you the current airport experience, is now a heartbeat away from the presidency..."

Come to think of it, that might not be a good thing. Some sheeple might like it.

Chertoff quipped that the only list he has for next year is a list of vacations.
I'm hereby passing the FT collection plate for anyone who would like to donate to the Chertoff vacation fund. If we collect enough, we can pay for the man to go on vacation early. I'm voting that we pay for a nice room at Guantanamo.

Mike
Old Jul 18, 2008, 6:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeef

I'm hereby passing the FT collection plate for anyone who would like to donate to the Chertoff vacation fund. If we collect enough, we can pay for the man to go on vacation early. I'm voting that we pay for a nice room at Guantanamo.

Mike
^ Better yet, make an online petition and let's see how many people will sign it.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 6:55 am

This is the sort of news I want to see on the wire

WASHINGTON - Domestic terrorists are succeeding at infiltrating the United States government at the highest levels, and there is no guarantee that citizens will catch them or even recognize them.

Jefferson and other intelligent officials have delivered similar warnings, advising the populous to remain vigilant against threats to their freedom.

Jefferson said the country will pass to destruction through consolidation of power and then to corruption, going on to say "when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Well in fairness, Chertoff and others like him have done what they can to stop Europeans wanting to visit the US.

And I don't recall too many complaints about European terrorists entering the US when the said European terrorists were the IRA.

I wonder what new wheeze he'll come up with to prevent this?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:26 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by mikeef

Mike
My vote is for Yodok. It's won many awards by Amnesty International.

Nothing's too good for Comrade Chertoff.

Last edited by Spiff; Jul 18, 2008 at 7:35 am
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
My vote is for Yodok. It's won many awards by Amnesty International.

Nothing's too good for Comrade Chertoff.
I'd rather a 1 way ticket to FNJ.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:42 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Superguy
I'd rather a 1 way ticket to FNJ.
I was thinking of a garbage scow as the means of transport. Why should he have to take a "dangerous" flight, something he's denied to so many others, to FNJ?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff
I was thinking of a garbage scow as the means of transport. Why should he have to take a "dangerous" flight, something he's denied to so many others, to FNJ?
He could probably get there on JS, the state's "luxury" airline.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
IMHO I think that they really want to make a "fortress" USA where no one is allowed to travel abroad and where no one is allowed to enter.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Superguy
He could probably get there on JS, the state's "luxury" airline.
Maybe they would assign him forced labor to work toward completing the exterior of the top floors of the "Hotel of Doom"?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Maybe they would assign him forced labor to work toward completing the exterior of the top floors of the "Hotel of Doom"?
Sad thing is, I think "Dear Leader" would love to have him help in the government, especially as a propaganda piece.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO I think that they really want to make a "fortress" USA where no one is allowed to travel abroad and where no one is allowed to enter.
Sounds just like FNJ. So let's send those that want to live like that there and those that wish to maintain the American lifestyle can stay here. @:-)
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The very sight of that creep makes me physically ill. He truly epitomizes the look of 'evil.'

So now, after stripping away our liberties, stealing out privacy, abusing and humiliating us at the airport, questioning the patriotism and loyalty of anyone who disagrees with his brand of fascist democracy - now he tells us there is a chance terrorists can enter the country and there is little he can do about it.

Send this clown to pasture quick, before he does any more damage.

Does anyone actually respect or admire him???
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:34 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Mike, shut up. Nobody's listening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.