Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA launches search for the perfect laptop bag

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA launches search for the perfect laptop bag

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:18 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Oh, great. Now we're going to have the TSA mandating what kinds of bags we can carry. Just like baggage locks.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Oh, great. Now we're going to have the TSA mandating what kinds of bags we can carry. Just like baggage locks.
What's new? There are about 200 countries on this planet, but only one mandates how to lock or not to lock my bag and what kind of lock to use - a lock specific to that single country.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
No, they didn't test it yet. Perhaps if TSA will installed it new x-ray machines.
They're already in some airports for testing. BWI has one in the WN terminal.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: SPG Gold;NWA gold;Hyatt Plat
I think there's a bit of overreaction here. It doesn't say it'll be required. The TSA is trying to set some guidelines so someone can make a bag that wouldn't require as much hasle at the checkpoint.

If someone travels alot with a laptop (I stopped because of all the hasles) They may be interested in such a bag. I may get one so I can start traveling a bit easier with my laptop.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 9:58 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Just use one of these pouches Laptop Pouches. I have one and I never need to get the laptop out of it at the X-Ray. I just pull the thing out of my bag pack and put it in the bin.

Anyway better X-Ray machines would be the long term solution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.