Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

February 29th Isn't a Valid Birthdate on Passport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

February 29th Isn't a Valid Birthdate on Passport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Lufthansa Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Richelieu
Quick question: do passport from countries using other calendar system (like Middle East countries) features Gregorian dates or local ones ?

Sorry if it's a silly question
Saudi visas actually arrive with both the Gregorian and Hijirii dates on them; I presume their passports do also. However, a "six month" Saudi visa is valid for six Gregorian months, not Hijiri months. Saudi entry stamps also use the Hijirii date. Other than Saudi Arabia, no other Islamic countries that I am aware of use the Hijiri calendar for official purposes. The only other official use of a non-Gregorian calendar that I am aware of is in Japan, where the year of the Emperor's reign is minted on coins, not the Gregorian year. It may be used for other official purposes as well. I don't know about official use of the Chinese or Persian calendars in China and Persia, but Israeli entry stamps do not use the Hebrew calendar and I again presume that passports do not either.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by studentff
That raises another thought.

When was someone born on 29 February 1984 considered 21-years-old and eligible to drink (in the USA)? Was it 28 February 2005, or 1 March 2005?
Actually, it's their 21st birthday, in 2068. See the definitive work on the subject The Pirates of Penzance, by Messrs. Gilbert & Sullivan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirates_of_Penzance
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by CO FF
Actually, it's their 21st birthday, in 2068. See the definitive work on the subject The Pirates of Penzance, by Messrs. Gilbert & Sullivan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirates_of_Penzance
Hahahahaha! ^ Exactly what I was thinking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.