Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Dunkin' Donuts Coffee exempt from 3 oz rule if you're TSA...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2007, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

Going thru the AA F checkpoint @ BOS this morning @ approximately 6:10 I am cut in front of by a uniformed female TSA screener loaded down w/multiple bags of goodies from Dunkin Donuts as well as 4 of their largest (well above 3 oz!!) cups of coffee. The loader takes the bags & puts them in the plastic dog food bowls for their trip down the belt, but she simply waltzes thru the WTMD carrying the 4 cups of coffee & wearing her shoes. Right after she went thru the moat dragon starts fiddling w/the buttons on the top of the control panel & lights start flashing (being turned back on perhaps?).

What makes me even wilder about this whole farce is that there is a Dunkin Donuts kiosk INSIDE 'security' she could have easily gone to, but no, that would have entailed a little walking on her part, so much better to go to the kiosk outside 'security' & waltz thru w/her contraband coffee in front of all the sheeple.

Anyone got the contact info for the FSD @ BOS? I realize nothing will likely come of this, but at least reporting this will, unlike the rest of the kabuki theater the TSA does, make me feel better
Old Nov 8, 2007, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

George Naccara

Set your expectations in the cellar. Read this thread.

Last edited by LessO2; Nov 8, 2007 at 9:46 am Reason: adding the thread.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 9:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I believe I read on another thread in this forum that the TSA folks working the checkpoints were exempt from the liquid rule??

Or did I dream that?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cholula
I believe I read on another thread in this forum that the TSA folks working the checkpoints were exempt from the liquid rule??

Or did I dream that?
They get the exemption, they can bring in whatever liquid they want.

I think the OP does have a point when it comes to flaunting things like that. But like I said, the expectations of a fruitful response, especially based on AA2070's experience, should be next to nothing.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: NW SE, AA GLD, Hilton Hhonors, Hertz GLD and Harrah's Diamond!
Hooray!!
Hooray!!

People found another reason to work themselves up into a lather and be angry at TSA employees

Hooray!
Hooray!
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EngIceDave
Hooray!!
Hooray!!

People found another reason to work themselves up into a lather and be angry at TSA employees

Hooray!
Hooray!

If you can take off the cheerleader costume for a few minutes and read through the threads, you'd understand that few people have personal gripes at individual TSAers.

But if you feel self-important enough to keep up with that thought, be my guest. Just hope the facts don't rain on your parade.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Smart George said this

Originally Posted by LessO2
They get the exemption, they can bring in whatever liquid they want.
Just remember what the pigs said "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:43 am

While TSA has faults, without question, I think many purposely seek out reasons to dislike TSA even more, some to the point of exaggeration and even fabrication.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:46 am

Hey, thanks for the personal attack.
Thought that was against the TOS?

Nevertheless, while TSA may have its faults, without question, it seems as if many seek out reasons to become upset at TSA as some form of personal entertainment.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by LessO2
If you can take off the cheerleader costume for a few minutes and read through the threads, you'd understand that few people have personal gripes at individual TSAers.
I've read through the threads and have seen them described as Communists, pinkos, perverts, jack-booted storm troopers, McDonald rejects, and, in at least one very long and memorable thread, one of them was accused of rape because her wand touched the OP during secondary.

Let's face facts: instead of fairly criticizing the TSA for its many faults, a number of FTers prefer to froth at the mouth with outlandish accusations, hyperbole, and silly nitpicking complaints.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:59 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
All Comrades are equal, but some Comrades are more equal than others.

The liquids ban has no scientific basis and its implementation was brought about by stupid cowards. Exempting employees from this stupidity only serves to underscore just how stupid, ridiculous and unnecessary this rule really is.

Kip Hawley IS a LYING IDIOT.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 11:05 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Folks, the topic of this thread is the TSA carrying liquids through the checkpoints.

The topic is not your personal opinion of what other FT'ers have to say about the issue.

Please keep your comments on the topic of liquids and away from personal commentary on each others posting habits.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Cholula
Travel Safety/Security Forum Moderator

Old Nov 8, 2007, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
The TSA should abide by its own rules. That way it feels the pain the passengers go through every day.

To be exempt from its own rules is simply unacceptable.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 11:09 am

Were they carrying the coffee to a gate or onto a plane?
No

Case closed
Overreaction
Old Nov 8, 2007, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by EngIceDave
Were they carrying the coffee to a gate or onto a plane?
No

Case closed
Overreaction
But that is not what the liquid ban forbids. The liquid ban forbids taking the liquids through the check point. If they were concerned about liquids on planes or at the gate they would have another screening at that point in time.

Assuming it is possible to make an explosive out of liquids, who is to prevent terrorists from joining the TSA and smuggling them through? It would be quite easy to pass them off past security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.