Quick TPA security ?

Old Nov 7, 07, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Quick TPA security ?

I'm going through TPA (I've been there, but never had the need to notice security set-up.) My question: Can you go from one "airside" terminal to another, stopping in the land-side terminal, without going through security again? Thanks...
Old Nov 7, 07, 7:42 am

No.
Old Nov 7, 07, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
No.
I'm not sure why the thumbs down. TPA is one of my favorite airports just because of individual security at each terminal. Term F is mostly AA and US and at no time has the security check taken more than ~10 minutes.

The design is being studied by other cities. It's a basic star design with centralized check in area plus shops and restaurants. Once you are ready to go airside, you take a very short tram ride, go through quick security and have a choice of more resaurants/stores and lounges. It's quick and painless. Returns are just fantastic. 10 minutes between disembarking and sitting in the car without any long walks. Can't think of many other airports that have the same system.

Last edited by andrzej; Nov 8, 07 at 6:47 am
Old Nov 8, 07, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
As you know when I actually went to TPA more than 6 months ago. It was shorter lines while I fly out from TPA. It is even no more wait than 10 minutes to get cleared security. I don't hassles with TSA that he told me I am taking off the shoes.

If you are entrance the tram. Security will check your BP & ID before enter airside A, C, E & F. Because TPA is reduction wait time than 10 minutes before you get through checkpoint. It doesn't wait too long after I am being cleared security. I'm glad my brother aren't living in TPA anymore.

Search this Thread