CLEAR Ads on FT

Old Oct 29, 07, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
CLEAR Ads on FT

I know FT has to make money, but does anyone find it interesting how the CLEAR banner ads are appearing in the TS/S forum - one of the most hostile audiences for their marketing dollars.
Old Oct 29, 07, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
I use Firefox with AdblockPlus. However, when I log in I see the Google Analytics page being called, so it does not surprise me that CLEAR gets presented - Google Analytics would see the TS&S and use those as keywords to pull the CLEAR ads.
Old Oct 30, 07, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
What are these CLEAR ads? what do they refer to?
Old Oct 30, 07, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got Firefox and ABP as well, I don't see the ads.

But in a general sense, CLEAR advertising on FT, even the TS/S forum does makes sense. Partially because I don't think everybody clicks on every single link, anyway.

There are different usage styles on this board, IMHO. Personally, I don't click on every single link....based on the apparent topic and/or, frankly, who the OP might be. Obviously, YMMV on what individual clicks on what.

Then there's the people who come into this forum just to check on a permissible item or vent about a bad TSA experience.

Money not very well spent by CLEAR, but I don't think Randy went out and asked them "Would you like to advertise in a forum that thinks you're a rip-off?"
Old Oct 30, 07, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus View Post
What are these CLEAR ads? what do they refer to?
They're advertising the CLEAR service - pay a large sum of money, hand over your personal and biometric data to a private company with dubious interest in protecting your data, and then skip the regular security line, but still be subject to regular security screening.

Translation: Pay to use the 'Elite style' line.

Search this Thread