Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inhalers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Inhalers

Are you allowed to take ventolin & becotide inhalers in your hand luggage? Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2007, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
Yes.

Although many doctors outside of the UK (where p*ssing away our taxes on pointless administrative non-jobs has a higher priority than patient care) regard Bricanyl and Symbicort (respectively) as being much more effective.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 5:20 am

yes,..

just put labels on the bottles and show an authentic prescription... ^
Old Aug 13, 2007, 5:42 am

Also, since they are considered medication, they do not fall under the liquid and gel restrictions. I do recommend that you have the inhalers x-rayed seperately from your carry-on, because the xray operator may confuse them with other small aerosols and will have your bag inspected. This can save you a little bit of a headache.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I usually put them in my small bag anyway. And since mine pre-dates the prescription nonsense, (and is due for renewal now anyway), it's never had either the pharmacy label on it with prescription details (was on the box originally), or the prescription (I'm not sure we get to keep that in the UK anyway so would hope pharmacy label would suffice) and I've never had a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.