Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Is A Pilot With A Firearm Permit Now Unable To Bring Liquids?Gels Onboard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2006, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred

Mod- If you need to merge/move/close please do, but this thought just occurred to me although, I'm sure others have posted about it. If TSA does not allow a pilot with a firearm permit to bring toothpaste onboard, I believe I might go into a temporary state of shock. There ARE pilots in the airline permitted firearm program, yes?
Old Aug 12, 2006, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by kaukau
Mod- If you need to merge/move/close please do, but this thought just occurred to me although, I'm sure others have posted about it. If TSA does not allow a pilot with a firearm permit to bring toothpaste onboard, I believe I might go into a temporary state of shock. There ARE pilots in the airline permitted firearm program, yes?
This is a correct assesment of how things were the first morning, and yes this did happen. However, now uniformed crew are exempt.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
The exemption for the crew is now being discussed in various threads on FlyerTalk!!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
A guy I used to work with had several connections from his days in the special forces, and was a deputy federal marshall despite the fact he worked as a software consultant.

Now, marshalls are allowed to carry firearms on planes outside of situations such as prisoner transport, unlike the police. Since he could bring a gun, wonder if he would also be allowed to bring water?

Maybe I need to see what it would take to be deputized.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Anthing Goes in this Brave New World

Nothng about this Aqua-Ban Ban Carnival suprises me any more. Banning water must have a good reason. Perhaps there is something in the water TSA management drinks that causes temporary insanity. They are only trying to protect us from the same fate.

If I saw this press release today, I would think it is real:

"FAA announces new study results: Dehydrated pilots with chapped lips are irritated thus less likely to fall asleep. This increases passenger safety.

TSA announces a clarification for pilots and FAMs carrying guns, who may still carry loaded guns provided they use lead bullets. They are subject to the gel ban, thus they are no longer permitted to use rubber bullets."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.