Wiki Posts
Search

Toothbrush with toothpaste pre-applied

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2006, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G MM
Toothbrush with toothpaste pre-applied

Do you think I will "get away" with the following. Put a small amount of toothpaste on a toothbrush and then wrap it with plastic wrap? It is so sad that I am even asking this question.

I plan to get other items at the hotel or drug store and discard them on day trips but I use SLS-free toothpaste, which is not available in stores in the US.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gnaget
Do you think I will "get away" with the following. Put a small amount of toothpaste on a toothbrush and then wrap it with plastic wrap? It is so sad that I am even asking this question.

I plan to get other items at the hotel or drug store and discard them on day trips but I use SLS-free toothpaste, which is not available in stores in the US.
I would suggest pre-pasting your teeth instead.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 6:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've got these disposable toothbrushes that have toothpaste gel applied to the bristles which can't be seen by the naked eye. Someone looking at the brush -- maybe even touching it -- wouldn't be able to readily tell that there was gel coating.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
thank you!

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've got these disposable toothbrushes that have toothpaste gel applied to the bristles which can't be seen by the naked eye. Someone looking at the brush -- maybe even touching it -- wouldn't be able to readily tell that there was gel coating.
Absolutely brilliant idea!

I'm bringing my elderly Zero-Halliburton luggage out of retirement. It is heavy, but very, very strong. I have even sent pieces of it Fed-Ex with no additional packaging and all arrived in good order. Tougher than dirt and water proof also.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 7:50 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gnaget
Maybe you could get a note from a doctor that explains that you need SLS-free toothpaste (tell the security idiots it can aggrevate canker sores) and that it isn't available in the US. Maybe. I think I am giving the average screener way too much credit for intelligent thinking.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 7:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Someone looking at the brush -- maybe even touching it -- wouldn't be able to readily tell that there was gel coating.

Somebody touches my toothbrush and it goes straight into the nearest waste receptacle.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cholula
Somebody touches my toothbrush and it goes straight into the nearest waste receptacle.
They are disposable, meant for one use; or, I guess, one touch.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
I would suggest pre-pasting your teeth instead.
I quite like that idea
Old Aug 12, 2006, 8:35 am

Programs: AA, Skymiles, OnePass
You can brush your teeth with other things, that are not currently banned; like baking soda, or salt. There used to be commercial "tooth powders" for sale in the early 20th century; not sure whether they still make them.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stinky123
You can brush your teeth with other things, that are not currently banned; like baking soda, or salt. There used to be commercial "tooth powders" for sale in the early 20th century; not sure whether they still make them.
Try Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Sometimes the Maldives too, but I don't know if they still ship that kind of stuff there or not.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
I understand why this is a rational discussion today, but still I can't believe that this is a rational discussion.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by AlanInDC
I understand why this is a rational discussion today, but still I can't believe that this is a rational discussion.

I agree. Who would have thought we'd be debating such meaty subjects as toothpaste here in TS/S??
Can't wait to see the thread topics next week.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:39 am

Programs: CO: Gold, AA: Plat, HH: Diamond, PC Plat, WN Buddy :0)
Rotfl

I think the funniest part of the thread is that Google thinks we need a toothpaste ad below to respond to our needs. I think we should start asking about hemorrhoid creams and airport security checkpoints to see if google has any targeted ads from prep-h.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:43 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nitwit
I think the funniest part of the thread is that Google thinks we need a toothpaste ad below to respond to our needs. I think we should start asking about hemorrhoid creams and airport security checkpoints to see if google has any targeted ads from prep-h.
Just like all the water ads in the other threads.

Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:46 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Pre-pasted Toothbrushes

Do a Google search on prepasted toothbrush.
They're inexpensive.

They are individually wrapped for one-use only. Just wet them and you're ready to brush. I take them on mileage runs when I carry minimal stuff.

Now I just need to get a prescription label on my shaving cream and anti-perspirant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.