Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Can anyone confirm/detail enforcement of "liquid ban" on US domestic flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can anyone confirm/detail enforcement of "liquid ban" on US domestic flights?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bnarayan1511
*Don't feed the troll*
Agreed.

Let's all leave the troll alone.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, USAir Gold
Originally Posted by LessO2
Agreed.

Let's all leave the troll alone.
What is this some kind of schizoid circle jerk?

You guys are right. I'm the ONLY person on the face of the earth that thinks that not being able to bring your Dr. Pepper on board the plane isn't the next step towards Nazi Germany.

I'm the only one anywhere.

It's lonely and cold here.... I'm sad on the inside.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Take a deeeeeeeeep breath folks and keep this thread on topic and hold the personal comments.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Cholula

Travel Safety/Security Forum Moderator
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cholula
Take a deeeeeeeeep breath folks and keep this thread on topic and hold the personal comments.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Cholula

Travel Safety/Security Forum Moderator
Trying. But, my god, people are talking about contriving some bogus medical emergency (due to hydration) to divert and ground a flight.

That's not only stupid, that's criminal.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Sadly, or not sadly, we've probably seen the last of the Sierra Mist commercial with Kathy Griffin confiscating a passenger's Sierra Mist for a while.....

Just thought we needed a shot of levity here.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Question regarding "medicine" and what is and is not allowed. I have had a tendancy since my teens to get a lot of underarm sweat. Gross. However, there is a product, called Odaban, that I carry in my shaving kit. Works well. I don't stink. However, you guessed it, it's in liquid form. It comes in a small (30ml) spray bottle. Will that fall under the catagory of "medicine" or will I just get laughed at?
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UAzip
Sadly, or not sadly, we've probably seen the last of the Sierra Mist commercial with Kathy Griffin confiscating a passenger's Sierra Mist for a while.....

Good point. I think she should faint (due to instand dehydration) or just thow a complete tantrum right there on the spot.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
MSNBC
Updated: 12:32 a.m. ET Aug 11, 2006
WASHINGTON - Beginning Friday, all airline passengers will go through double screening to make sure they’re not carrying liquids onto planes, the head of the airline industry’s largest trade group said.

Passengers and their carry-on luggage will be checked not only at the main security checkpoint, but also a second time at the boarding gate. The stepped-up screening in response to a new terrorist threat began Thursday at 25 airports where planes leave for Britain.

“It’s going to spread across the whole system tomorrow,” James May, president of the Air Transport Association, said Thursday.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former UA 1P
Originally Posted by UAzip

Unfortuately not such a light topic. After the Superbowl, I posted about the Sierra Mist ads and basically said I didn't like the parody because it made light of genuine TSA abuses. For bringing up those concerns, I was accused of having a carrot up my posterior (probably prohibited now as a carrot might contain water ) and accused of putting too much thought into the issue.

Now TSA has gone so far off the deep end that they are actually banning water, and I don't find it one bit funny.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:51 pm

Programs: 1K, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by IndyMan
Trying. But, my god, people are talking about contriving some bogus medical emergency (due to hydration) to divert and ground a flight.

That's not only stupid, that's criminal.
One might argue that throwing tea into Boston harbor was criminal as per prevailing laws
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by studentff
Unfortuately not such a light topic. After the Superbowl, I posted about the Sierra Mist ads and basically said I didn't like the parody because it made light of genuine TSA abuses. For bringing up those concerns, I was accused of having a carrot up my posterior (probably prohibited now as a carrot might contain water ) and accused of putting too much thought into the issue.

Now TSA has gone so far off the deep end that they are actually banning water, and I don't find it one bit funny.
OMG, are you serious? You really made a political statement previously on the Sierra Mist ad on TV....

I was hating this place earlier...Now it's just great. Like wrestling, once you accept it's fake you start to enjoy the absurdity of it.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:55 pm
Suspended

One might argue that throwing tea into Boston harbor was criminal as per prevailing laws
Yea, I think is roughly the same thing....

This just gets better and better.

Really though. Is this kind of a 'comedy-satire' type forum?

Or is everyone being for real? No joking around please.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:00 pm

Yea, I think is roughly the same thing....

This just gets better and better.

Really though. Is this kind of a 'comedy-satire' type forum?

Or is everyone being for real? No joking around please.
Get over yourself dude. Accept it - there will be people who will have views different than yours. I think you make some good points and some totally off-the-wall ones.

No doubt you think the same. It's still cool - this is still a free country.

So get off your f***ing high horse already if you want responses from reasonable long-standing members and not fellow anarchists (admittedly on both sides)

I've actually enjoyed your posts - you make a lot of good points which would be way more credible if it weren't so obnoxious in tone. I hope you take this as constructive criticism. If not, I don't reall give a rat's a**

Be safe in flight - next time I run into you on CO, the first round's on me.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:08 pm
Suspended

Get over yourself dude. Accept it - there will be people who will have views different than yours. I think you make some good points and some totally off-the-wall ones.

No doubt you think the same. It's still cool - this is still a free country.

So get off your f***ing high horse already if you want responses from reasonable long-standing members and not fellow anarchists (admittedly on both sides)

I've actually enjoyed your posts - you make a lot of good points which would be way more credible if it weren't so obnoxious in tone. I hope you take this as constructive criticism. If not, I don't reall give a rat's a**

Be safe in flight - next time I run into you on CO, the first round's on me.
Have a good one bro' see on a CO big bird soon!
Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:19 pm

Have a good one bro' see on a CO big bird soon!
Absolutely! YOU bring the water - I'll get the scotch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.