Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cool Airport Security Technology - LGW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
When will everyone here realize that what you all want will never happen. Theater, real or memorex.....we all have to live in this age of heightened security.

I don't like it either, but I have accepted it...

Get over it....it is here to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by NSFU
Arriving at LGW yesterday from AMS I realised why they have to do this. If they didn't - given the way things are set up - arriving international pax could bypass immigration.

What you would do is arrive on your international flight having arranged to hold two 'onward' boarding cards: one for an international connection and another for a domestic. Then you would go through international connections (which deposits you back airside) using your international boarding card, and use your domestic one to get on a domestic flight, and never face passport control. The need for a barcode/photo to get to the domestic gate stops you doing this.
Sounds correct.

In any event, the "face capture" is useless and often unreliable.

For those pthers who think the dog and pony security show is useful and/or here to stay: no security measures are permanent, for everything has it's lifespan. Also, rigid systems may be routinely subject to workarounds and critical failures.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikey1003
When will everyone here realize that what you all want will never happen. Theater, real or memorex.....we all have to live in this age of heightened security.

I don't like it either, but I have accepted it...

Get over it....it is here to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is this "accept it" business?

Don't we live in a liberal democracy? A good citizen's first job is to push his government to always do the right thing, not to sit back and allow those in charge free reign to do whatever they want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.