Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I bought shoes with metal in them!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:46 am

I know that in most countries, one does not have to take off one's shoes. However, is it true that at some airports in the US (such as MKE), one does not need to take off one's shoes if they don't set off the metal detector? Is there a list of those airports? Can one cite to the TSA agent that the SOP states that one can leave shoes on?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:36 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by guflyer
I know that in most countries, one does not have to take off one's shoes. However, is it true that at some airports in the US (such as MKE), one does not need to take off one's shoes if they don't set off the metal detector? Is there a list of those airports? Can one cite to the TSA agent that the SOP states that one can leave shoes on?
I frequent MKE often and can tell you that they require you to remove your shoes.

No US airport exempts anyone from shoe removal (unless a medical issue).
Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
It's worth noting that this thread is over 5 years old and the information in the OP is now out of date.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: AS, HH, UA, IHG
Originally Posted by MKEbound
It's worth noting that this thread is over 5 years old and the information in the OP is now out of date.
I guessed that this thread had become relevant again with the expansion of Pre√ . I'm going to have to start packing my steel-toes instead of wearing them onboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.