Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA in HOU

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

TSA in HOU

I had the opportunity today to watch the TSA in action at HOU. I was waiting for a connecting flight and the boarding area was packed, so I took a chair facing the security screening area. What a show.

I watched the action unfold like a bad episode of Jerry Springer.

After watching for nearly 1.5 hours, a pattern emerged. With few exceptions, women were given special screenings. A few men got screenings, but only after their tickets were looked at. I think destination was a factor. I think the biggest factor was that there were 10 people at the screening area, and they didn't have anything else to do.

I saw the 300 lb TSA screener who manned the metal detector would often make the more attractive women walk through the detector sometimes twice, even though nothing registered. He would also plug the detector while he watched each one pick up their stuff, eliciting a complaint from a black guy who was late (the supervisor didn't do anything, just said it was procedures). After the guy left, he was laughing with the others (not sure if about that or something else).

Then this Hispanic guy walks through and gets flagged for screening.

While women were taken off to the side room and given at least some measure of privacy, this guy gets searched in the middle of the hallway, about 8-10 feet away from me.

The TSA agent had him empty his pockets in front of me. Then he used the wand. With no beeps or squeals, he started to pat him down. I couldn't look away-- I had never seen a man rubbing the breasts of another man until then.

Now the weird part.

The TSA screener told the guy to sit down. This is like 10 feet away from me. Next he grabbed the guys feet (with only a socks) and he picks them up so that the Hispanic guy is sitting in the chair, legs stretched out into the meaty hands of the TSA screener. The screener proceeds to feel up and down his legs and gives the guy a foot massage. He has the look of serenity on his face.

The TSA screener says, "ok. You're done," and while the bewildered Hispanic guy is putting his shoes, the TSA guy starts to look at the assorted detritus on the table (keys, wallet, cell phone, etc). TSA guy then picks up his wallet and starts bending it and looking through his credit cards, while he starts asking the guy where he is going, and making small talk about living in Massachusetts.

I was totally amazed. If anyone was to start grabbing me like he was grabbing that guy-- I would have kicked out his teeth. It was one of the most bizarre things I have ever witnessed.

Is this standard procedure?
Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA, WN RR
Originally Posted by JoeSixpack
I had the opportunity today to watch the TSA in action at HOU. I was waiting for a connecting flight and the boarding area was packed, so I took a chair facing the security screening area. What a show.

I watched the action unfold like a bad episode of Jerry Springer.

After watching for nearly 1.5 hours, a pattern emerged. With few exceptions, women were given special screenings. A few men got screenings, but only after their tickets were looked at. I think destination was a factor. I think the biggest factor was that there were 10 people at the screening area, and they didn't have anything else to do.

I saw the 300 lb TSA screener who manned the metal detector would often make the more attractive women walk through the detector sometimes twice, even though nothing registered. He would also plug the detector while he watched each one pick up their stuff, eliciting a complaint from a black guy who was late (the supervisor didn't do anything, just said it was procedures). After the guy left, he was laughing with the others (not sure if about that or something else).

Then this Hispanic guy walks through and gets flagged for screening.

While women were taken off to the side room and given at least some measure of privacy, this guy gets searched in the middle of the hallway, about 8-10 feet away from me.

The TSA agent had him empty his pockets in front of me. Then he used the wand. With no beeps or squeals, he started to pat him down. I couldn't look away-- I had never seen a man rubbing the breasts of another man until then.

Now the weird part.

The TSA screener told the guy to sit down. This is like 10 feet away from me. Next he grabbed the guys feet (with only a socks) and he picks them up so that the Hispanic guy is sitting in the chair, legs stretched out into the meaty hands of the TSA screener. The screener proceeds to feel up and down his legs and gives the guy a foot massage. He has the look of serenity on his face.

The TSA screener says, "ok. You're done," and while the bewildered Hispanic guy is putting his shoes, the TSA guy starts to look at the assorted detritus on the table (keys, wallet, cell phone, etc). TSA guy then picks up his wallet and starts bending it and looking through his credit cards, while he starts asking the guy where he is going, and making small talk about living in Massachusetts.

I was totally amazed. If anyone was to start grabbing me like he was grabbing that guy-- I would have kicked out his teeth. It was one of the most bizarre things I have ever witnessed.

Is this standard procedure?
Sounds like the usual TSA secondary screening. But don't you feel safer, knowing that such crack screening is in place at our airports?

Seriously, contact your representatives in Congress (House and Senate) and relate what you saw to them, and ask them if they think this farce will prevent determined terrorists from attacking if they want to. Bring up the fact that tons of unscreened cargo are transported on passenger airliners each day. Bring up the fact that our borders are about as solid as Swiss cheese. Ask them what they intend to do about real security. Maybe if enough people contact members of Congress, meaningful measures will be enacted to secure our country, rather than the current useless show.

Last edited by PatrickHenry1775; Feb 12, 2005 at 11:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.