Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Funny; Now is time for TSA boss "Admiral" Stone to drop the Navy title

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funny; Now is time for TSA boss "Admiral" Stone to drop the Navy title

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:10 am
Suspended

Deleted

Last edited by Bart; Dec 30, 2007 at 7:24 am
Old Jan 26, 2005, 4:06 pm

So should my screeners address as First Sergeant and that would be OK? My ID card has "INDEF" on it also. He's a poster boy and has no idea what is happening at the screening level.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by Bart
Perhaps the real problem is that we have a public that is ignorant of basic military customs and traditions?
That could be a thread all by itself. Just last month I was at a political/community function and had to explain to someone why the old dude with two stars on his shoulder was a bigger deal than the young one with two silver bars. I have yet to encounter a high ranking officer in a civilian setting that is not gracious and humble, therefore it makes me want to go out of my way to be even more accommodating. I don't expect people to recognize all insignia, however understanding why Admirals and Generals are deserving of the highest level of respect should be obvious.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:30 pm

Programs: 1 month free at curves,Subway Sub Club, Alameda Library
Originally Posted by TravelManKen
That could be a thread all by itself. Just last month I was at a political/community function and had to explain to someone why the old dude with two stars on his shoulder was a bigger deal than the young one with two silver bars. I have yet to encounter a high ranking officer in a civilian setting that is not gracious and humble, therefore it makes me want to go out of my way to be even more accommodating. I don't expect people to recognize all insignia, however understanding why Admirals and Generals are deserving of the highest level of respect should be obvious.
Very nicely said.... :-: ^
Old Jan 26, 2005, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5 Star Gold
Angry Welcome to the foxhole!

you are telling we screeners, as we now risk our lives everyday for our fellow Americans,
OMG!
I'm not worried that someone said that, it's that they believe it that has me concerned.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 12:10 am

Programs: United GS; Lufthansa Senator; Delta Gold: Marriott Titanium; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist

Last edited by MMA95D; Mar 17, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.