Wiki Posts
Search

What's up at...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2004, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Question What's up at...

I'll be travelling to visit my family in a few weeks. Just wondering what the current TSA situation is at AUS and PHL. I just want comments from FT'ers who have been through these airports in the past few months. How's the shoe situation? And the groping? What are the lines like?
Old Dec 12, 2004, 4:48 am

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
Grad students seem to be attracted to this forum for some reason
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:15 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
There is a single word answer to any question about the TSA screening: inconsistent.

And capricious. OK, two word answer.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 1:29 am

Programs: CO Gold; Hilton Gold; PC/Ambassador Gold
Originally Posted by NerdyGradStudent
I'll be travelling to visit my family in a few weeks. Just wondering what the current TSA situation is at AUS and PHL. I just want comments from FT'ers who have been through these airports in the past few months. How's the shoe situation? And the groping? What are the lines like?
I went through PHL Sunday (12/12). No problems. The screeners told people that they could keep their shoes on if they knew they did not have metal in them. Lines were kind of long being a Sunday evening, but they moved along. Did not observe groping or problems. My only concern was at the Liberty Bell security spot in Philly. They were treating visitors as if they were at an airport terminal. But they did not require shoes removed. I always wear the same watch without any problems at many airports. But at this security for the Liberty Bell, my watch caused the machine that I walked through to go off. Then I got the full wand treatment and had to raise my pant legs above my socks. It made airport screening look more desirable for me.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Ironic, isn't it? The fewest liberties are at the Liberty Bell!!! It must be high on the terrorists' target list.

Bruce
Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NerdyGradStudent
Since nobody mentioned AUS, I'll chime in.

Earlier this year, February or so, I went through AUS with no problem, shoes on.

Good luck...please let us know what they do or don't do.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Ironic, isn't it? The fewest liberties are at the Liberty Bell!!! It must be high on the terrorists' target list
Actually, I think it is. It is one of those "sentimental" targets, I think...a la The Statue of Liberty or some other form of "Americana."

They've had the "puffer" machines at The CN Tower in Toronto for a few years now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.