Wiki Posts
Search

New TSA Epaulettes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

New TSA Epaulettes

FYI

I know it's not always easy to find a Supervisor or Lead at the checkpoints. Some FSD's have their leaders wear red ties, while others wear blue. Some don't even wear ties.

Now we have new epaulettes with a ranking system. All of the airports will eventually use them as the uniforms are shipped out. We started yesterday.

1 Stripe = Screener
2 Stripes = Lead
3 Stripes = Supervisor

Just in case you were interested...
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:45 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by TSAJohn
FYI

I know it's not always easy to find a Supervisor or Lead at the checkpoints. Some FSD's have their leaders wear red ties, while others wear blue. Some don't even wear ties.

Now we have new epaulettes with a ranking system. All of the airports will eventually use them as the uniforms are shipped out. We started yesterday.

1 Stripe = Screener
2 Stripes = Lead
3 Stripes = Supervisor

Just in case you were interested...
Thanks, TSAJohn, for the helpful information. How about Supervisors not wearing a uniform? Last supervisor I spoke with at SDF was in a business casual dress. Never would of known he was a TSA employee other than the fact a) I had spoken to him before as a supervisor (he cleared my checked luggage after an ETD alarm) and b) he introduced himself as the supervisor.

Best,

SDF_Traveler
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks TSAJohn!
Old Nov 23, 2004, 3:16 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Thanks for the 411!

I also have seen both the new epaulettes and some management in business attire. Are they the screening managers?
Old Nov 23, 2004, 5:18 am

Programs: UA 1P
Thanks, that helps a lot in case I need to figure out who I should be talking to. Appreciate the help.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 5:57 am
Original Poster

No problem. The person in business casual was probably a screening manager. Not that it hasn't happened… but I've never heard of Sup working in civilian clothes.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:28 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Thumbs up

Thanks. ^

- Pat
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
Thanks for the 411!

I also have seen both the new epaulettes and some management in business attire. Are they the screening managers?
Those in the business attire are usually the screening managers. You may see others in business attire. Those would be the FSD staff.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by TSAJohn
No problem. The person in business casual was probably a screening manager. Not that it hasn't happened… but I've never heard of Sup working in civilian clothes.
I cannot recall any airport that allows supervisors to dress in civies, but as you all know with TSA, an exception can be made anywhere. It could happen.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 2:02 pm

That's great information! I've wondered while I'm in Terminal D here at IND which screener is the boss, etc.

Nice information.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by TSASuper
You may see others in business attire. Those would be the FSD staff.
Yep
Old Nov 26, 2004, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by TSASuper
I cannot recall any airport that allows supervisors to dress in civies, but as you all know with TSA, an exception can be made anywhere. It could happen.

Wow you guys started last week with the stripe code?

We had them the first week of July at my airport.

Anyhow... also at our airport, the Terminal Manager can also be replaced with an "Acting Terminal Manager", whome most likely will be the highest senior Supervisor during that tour while the TM is on his RDO or Leave.

They can call themselves, TM's, Acting TM's or Supervisor.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by TSASCRNR
Wow you guys started last week with the stripe code?
Some airports still aren't using them. Sacramento (SMF) is using maroon epaulette "sleeves" to indicate Lead Screeners and, I think, blue for Supervisors. That's what I'm hearing at any rate. I could be wrong.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 4:11 pm

We haven't started getting ours yet either. It was supposed to be July, then it was bumped back to September and now it's December. We'll see.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 10:00 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Perhaps they should have gone to a system with more ranks, as they may need in the future:

http://sites.estvideo.net/cold-war/e...paulettes.html

Plus, the TSA could have gotten some used epaulettes cheaply here:

http://collectables.listings.ebay.co...istingItemList

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.