Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Wrecked my bag

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2003, 2:36 pm

Spiff....there you go with that "probable cause" again. Have we not covered this enough? That argument, as noble as it is, does not apply since your "implied consent" overrides a need for probable cause. We can argue about "implied consent" all day too, but until Congress removes the authority it vested in the TSA to screen passengers and their property, then it will remain in place. Now, in time I am sure it will no longer be necessary to screen passengers or their belongings so closely, but that day has not arrived yet, so until congress changes the requirement it is going to remain the same. Now you can clamor about someones job being lower than a snake, but your saying it does not make it so. I followed the whims of Congress and the President for 20 years and have the wounds and broken body to show for it. I guess that was un-american of me too since the same body directs the TSA. Now, am I equating the TSA with the military? Hell no, but they do march to the same drum and following that beat is an honorable thing to do no matter what agency one marches in. I suspect that you have never served this great country of ours, or if you did, not long enough to appreciate the sacrifices people have made to ensure that our gov't and way of life continue. Besides....what about the childern?

------------------
Don't take life too seriously, afterall, you won't get out alive.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 3:25 pm

Fenito i have one thing to say to you "BRAVO" I feel the same way you do . To the people that think the TSA is so bad Greyhound runs every 45 minutes
Old Nov 13, 2003, 3:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tuner:
Fenito i have one thing to say to you "BRAVO" I feel the same way you do . </font>
If you like that then check out:

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000300.html

Oh... Never mind he just copy/pasted/posted the same text different topic.......

Don't lock your luggage....
Old Nov 13, 2003, 5:19 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tuner:
Fenito i have one thing to say to you "BRAVO" I feel the same way you do . To the people that think the TSA is so bad Greyhound runs every 45 minutes</font>
No, the solution is to get rid of the TSA, not change my life because their management has the collective IQ of a dead slug.

Thanks for playing, however.

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Nov 13, 2003, 6:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TakeScissorsAway:
Funny how this "person" knows EVERYTHING there is to know about the TSA.

</font>
How about this guy. He doesn't even work for the TSA anymore but is an obvious expert. Since the TSA constantly change procedures/policy/equipment not to mention Inconsistency throughout the entire organization, perhaps he's no longer an expert. I don't see you singling him out. Just an observation......

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The Unknown Screener:
Haven't you figured it out yet? Frequent flyers are brought in and educated on all things security related. They are given classes in how to wand, search a bag, CTX and x-ray theories and operation. They are given the secrets of "shoe removal techniques" too. Then after all of this, they are flown to TSA HQ and shown the "big picture." They are the only ones who are given even a glimpse of this great sight. They are informed of ALL security directives and given all updates to same. They are then sent out to correct any misstep on the part of any hapless screener who comes across their path, and they are legion. So before you treat them too harshly, remember, their training has been more intense, more thorough, more physically demanding, more mentally grueling and nausiating than anything present and former screeners could have endured. Their willingness to take on such a task should be commended highly, for without them and their guidance, the TSA might be run like....well, the TSA. So when you come across one of these "soldiers of sacrifice" you should perform every step of your job as a professional, for you are truly "on stage" and performing for an audience of true critics who have years of experience to lord over you if you misstep.

</font>
Old Nov 14, 2003, 6:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CarmelGreg:
How about this guy. He doesn't even work for the TSA anymore but is an obvious expert. Since the TSA constantly change procedures/policy/equipment not to mention Inconsistency throughout the entire organization, perhaps he's no longer an expert. I don't see you singling him out. Just an observation......</font>
How about this guy. He has never even worked for the TSA but considers himself an expert. Since the TSA seldom actually changes procedures/policy/equipment not to mention the inconsistency designed throughout the entire organization, perhaps he will never be an expert. It is obvious why he is singled out. Just an observation......

------------------
Don't take life too seriously, afterall, you won't get out alive.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 7:52 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CarmelGreg:
[B] How about this guy. He doesn't even work for the TSA anymore but is an obvious expert. Since the TSA constantly change procedures/policy/equipment not to mention Inconsistency throughout the entire organization, perhaps he's no longer an expert. I don't see you singling him out. Just an observation......

Geez....another know it all "CG". Isn't one on this board enough ??

Old Nov 14, 2003, 2:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
The "know-it-all" CG has been in the Security Industry for over 19 Years.

What is your Security Background?
Old Nov 14, 2003, 4:31 pm

My only experience is November 2001 to Sept. 30 of 2002 with Private Airport Security. From Oct. 2002 to Present with TSA.

No major differences in the two, if anything TSA seems to be a little worse, but both were bad.

At first, it seemed I was making a difference but within a few months knew I wasn't. The security in place really doesnt give you a chance to do so. The prodecures are just add ons of the old COG's that were in Checkpoints before 9/11.

But of course on 9/11 Airport Security didn't fail but was replaced anyway.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 5:59 pm

I've been in the security industry for 6 years now....considering my age of 24...that ain't bad. That's not airport security either. That's industrial, personal, military, state and federal. Yes, I've held alot of jobs, but I do what I gotta do to pay the bills.

Not to mention I've written my own encryption program. And no, it hasn't been nor will it ever be corrupted by the federal system.

[This message has been edited by Fenito (edited Nov 14, 2003).]
Old Nov 15, 2003, 5:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CameraGuy:
The "know-it-all" CG has been in the Security Industry for over 19 Years.</font>
Mall security doesn't count.

Old Nov 15, 2003, 9:08 pm

Yes, we know that your experience does not count.

Besides, comparing Mall Security to the TSA is an insult to Mall Security.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 12:35 am

OK Mr Security,here are some questions,
1.Who would provide the training to your standard for airport security?
2.What specific training?
4.How would these people be chosen?
5.What support structure (staff) sshould be in place.
6.How much would all of this cost?
7.Who's going to pay for it?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CameraGuy:
The "know-it-all" CG has been in the Security Industry for over 19 Years.

What is your Security Background?
</font>
Old Nov 16, 2003, 7:55 pm

1. Training would be performed by SECURITY companies and professionals. If you want to find any of them look into the ASIS.

2. REAL Threat and REAL Risk assesment would be the standards. The "Banned Items" list would shrink dramatically. The "Great Shoe Search" would cease. ALL Window dressing procedures would END.

3. Lowest qualified bidding company.

4. Since the Window Dressing goes away, staffing levels can SHRINK to a realistic level. No more private army for Adm. Loy.

5. MUCH less than the current boondoggle.

6. The same people who are being fleeced now, the Taxpayer. BUT, the cost would be dramatically lower.

The private sector already has security measures in place that do not cost ANYWHERE near what the TSA is fleecing us. I have entered Cash Vaults for major financial institutions with less hassle than I have encountered in places such as BHM, ATL, LAS and LAX.

The TSA is WINDOW DRESSING. As curently constructed, the TSA is NO MORE capable of stoping a terrorist attack than the Security Comanies where on 9/11.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 8:09 am
Original Poster

It has now been 3 weeks since I filed the SF95 form for the damage listed in this thread. I haven't heard anything back from the TSA yet. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a confirmation of claim receipt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.