Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Cool Article: Confession of a Baggage Screener (+little info on future technology)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cool Article: Confession of a Baggage Screener (+little info on future technology)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2003, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...scan.html?pg=1

I'm quite happy to see that InVision owns Yxlon (since April '03) and Quantum Magnetics. These machines potentially could be used to resolve bags that are rejected by the CTX / L3 machines. "The units would pinpoint an explosive without false alarms."

Hope the TSA will eventually (say within the next 5 years) use those machines to replace most of the intrusive behind-the-scenes physical inspections. While I don't think there's no such thing as a 0% false alarm machine, a low false alarm rate with these machines would make passenger-attended physical searches feasible and do away with the unlocked baggage policy.

- Pat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.