Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

GAO Agents Successfully Smuggle Box Cutters Past TSA Screeners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2003, 11:46 am
Used to be Sydneysider
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

Need I say more?
Old Sep 12, 2003, 12:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ender83:
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

Need I say more?
</font>
Nope, I would estimate that easily more than half of boxcutters and small knives get by us... and I'm not too worried about it. Passengers will do a good job of showing the nutcase just where those devices belong if he's stupid enough to yank it out on the plane.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 1:59 pm
Used to be Sydneysider
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CATSA Screener:
Nope, I would estimate that easily more than half of boxcutters and small knives get by us... and I'm not too worried about it. Passengers will do a good job of showing the nutcase just where those devices belong if he's stupid enough to yank it out on the plane.</font>
We can agree on that. Passengers are the best line of defense against terrorists.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 7:44 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
and that's why all of this nonsense about the TSA confiscating "weapons" such as box cutters, knitting needles, cuticle scissors, etc., is just soooooooo ridiculous.

Old Sep 13, 2003, 7:04 pm

This artlicle is a wake up call, that John Mica is not a friend of the TSA. By the way if someone stood up today with a box cutter and said I am taking the plane over, this person would be jumped and would have the crap beat out of him.

I wounder why they didn't try a gun. Want to know why they are easy to find. This is nothing more than a gotcha from a partizan hack. That Hack being Senator Mica.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CATSA Screener:
Nope, I would estimate that easily more than half of boxcutters and small knives get by us... and I'm not too worried about it. Passengers will do a good job of showing the nutcase just where those devices belong if he's stupid enough to yank it out on the plane.</font>
Exactly. That's why we should stop this horse@#$% Great Pointy Object Search immediately. And we should throw Admiral Loy and Norman Mineta out on their useless @$$e$.

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Sep 13, 2003, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Stifflmiester:
By the way if someone stood up today with a box cutter and said I am taking the plane over, this person would be jumped and would have the crap beat out of him.
</font>
Exactly. That's why we should stop this horse@#$% Great Pointy Object Search immediately. And we should throw Admiral Loy and Norman Mineta out on their useless @$$e$.

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.