Wiki Posts
Search

Armenia/Georgia/Azerbaijan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2023, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Armenia/Georgia/Azerbaijan

I'm planning a trip late this summer to Armenia>Georgia>Azerbaijan. Given the situation between Armenia and Azerbaijan, am I going to have trouble going in/out of customs in those countries? I am a US citizen. Here's the logistical plan so far:

Arrive in Yerevan - spend 3 days.
Fly EVN > TBS immediately go to another flight TBS > GYD
Spend 3 days in Baku
Fly GYD > TBS
Spend 3 days in Tblisi
Fly TBS > EVN
Overnight in EVN
Return to US via CDG

Just curious as to whether we will definitely have issues clearing Customs in either Azerbaijan or coming back into Armenia. I am aware that we will need a visa for Azerbaijan.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by channonc
I'm planning a trip late this summer to Armenia>Georgia>Azerbaijan. Given the situation between Armenia and Azerbaijan, am I going to have trouble going in/out of customs in those countries? I am a US citizen. Here's the logistical plan so far:

Arrive in Yerevan - spend 3 days.
Fly EVN > TBS immediately go to another flight TBS > GYD
Spend 3 days in Baku
Fly GYD > TBS
Spend 3 days in Tblisi
Fly TBS > EVN
Overnight in EVN
Return to US via CDG

Just curious as to whether we will definitely have issues clearing Customs in either Azerbaijan or coming back into Armenia. I am aware that we will need a visa for Azerbaijan.
I planned something similar for last fall, but had to cancel due to a calendar conflict. Anyhow, it was complicated.

First, I'd use https://www.united.com/en/us/timatic as a start to determine requirements. I also used the 'forum' section of TripAdvisor for those countries and got some accurate advice.

I don't want to share that advice and end up giving you information that is almost a year old at this point.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:27 pm

In 2005 I flew to Yerevan via Prague, rode around on trains in Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan an then flew from Baku to Tashkent. It all worked out well, except that the border control people at Baku airport gave me dirty looks when they saw the Armenian visa in my (US) passport but let me leave, albeit with a snarl.
channonc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.