Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Leaving Schengen Without Stamp or Contact with Immigration Officer at AMS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving Schengen Without Stamp or Contact with Immigration Officer at AMS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:34 am

Yup it's only a German program.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's for passports issued by those countries in the following list: EU/EEA/CH, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Singapore or the US.

No preregistration required. That preregistration is Privium days related, IIRC.
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
For leaving it is open without registration to various non-EU countries. For arriving flights, some citizens will soon be able to register for access to the e-gates.
Are we talking about RTP-NL? That page suggest registration is required.

As for easypass-RTP (German), for non-EU, it is available for US and HKSAR passports and only after registration.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Only for Germany? I exited Schengen in Spain last week and there was no mention of using the automated gates for non-EU/EEA/CH passport holders.
AMS is in the Netherlands; and BigFlyer and I were referring to AMS. No preregistration was required for US passport users to use the passport scanning self-service machines at AMS.

But AMS may be doing something different this month or next month than earlier this year.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by seawolf

As for easypass-RTP (German), for non-EU, it is available for US and HKSAR passports and only after registration.
RTP-NL is the Dutch government's way to say it provides a "reciprocal" program for US GE members. It seems to be the cheaper child of Privium and for entry too rather than for just exit.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by seawolf
Yes. Registration will indeed be required to make use of the e-gates upon arrival (entering Schengen). For exiting (leaving Schengen) some nationalities can already make use of the autogayes without registration. Various experiences above demonstrate this and the signs at Schiphol have shown this for a long time as well.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:54 am

Lisbon and Helsinki airports have allowed selected non-EU/EEA/CH citizens to use e-gates to exit Schengen for some years. Everybody gets an exit stamp though, there are no exceptions from that rule for automated border control.

The rule in Lisbon though is that you need to have entered Schengen through Portugal to be able to exit with the e-gates. I guess they have a national electronic entry/exit database which will flag overstayers in the e-gates.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TFKEF
Lisbon and Helsinki airports have allowed selected non-EU/EEA/CH citizens to use e-gates to exit Schengen for some years. Everybody gets an exit stamp though, there are no exceptions from that rule for automated border control.

The rule in Lisbon though is that you need to have entered Schengen through Portugal to be able to exit with the e-gates. I guess they have a national electronic entry/exit database which will flag overstayers in the e-gates.
At HEL, when speaking of non-EU/EEA/CH passport users, Japanese passport users can use the ABC passport machines there on arrival and departure.

Australian, Canadian, Kiwi, Korean, and US passport users can use the ABC passport control machines for departure from the Schengen zone but not for entry into the Schengen zone.

I am not sure that HEL passport control should be stamping all those departing passport users, at least when it comes to those with some subset of EU resident permits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.