Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weight loss and US passport/GE photo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Weight loss and US passport/GE photo

I lost weight and PP/GE photo look like me but face is thinner now. I worry too much, but now feel confident I should be fine. Thank you.

Last edited by CosmosHuman; Jun 2, 2017 at 3:43 am Reason: Clarification.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta, United
A lot can happen to someone in the 10 years from when a PP photo is taken. You worry way too much.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:45 pm

I went from 460 to 250. No problems.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
A lot can happen to someone in the 10 years from when a PP photo is taken. You worry way too much.
I worry way too much. PP was issued in 2015 as was GE. I feel a whole lot better now. Thanks.

Originally Posted by JakiChan
Congratulations on your weight loss! Thanks again for your input.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 2, 2017 at 8:46 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:23 pm

My passport photo is over 9 years old (renewing it after an upcoming trip next month) and I've lost about 50 pounds since then. I'm noticeably thinner (not thin enough!) than my passport photo, and it's never been a problem. A CBP officer once mentioned "Looks like you've lost weight" but that was it.

Kind of wonder what he'd say if I gained 50 pounds instead.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
no issues at all i lost 100lbs and no issues
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I once overheard Immigration at IAD say "your hair has really thinned out" to the guy in the lane next to mine.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by JakiChan
does that mean you're not half the man you used to be?

I wonder how new absence/presence of facial hair/beards affect this too.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by nachtnebel

I wonder how new absence/presence of facial hair/beards affect this too.
IME it doesn't. When I had my passport photo taken I didn't have a beard but when I had my GE photo taken I did.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
I lost weight and PP/GE photo look like me but face is thinner now. I worry too much, but now feel confident I should be fine. Thank you.
I renewed my driving license last time by mail, so they used the old photo in their computer. Coming up to renewal time, the photo is now 20 years old. So much for the “security” of photo ID.

When I show my license to a bank teller to cash a check, if it looks like they have a sense of humor I sometimes joke as I hand them my license “Here is what I looked like 20 years ago.”

These days they request that passport photos be taken without eyeglasses. (I read it is so the photo can be more easily used by facial recognition software.) So many people look different from their PP photo in person wearing glasses. I have never been asked to take my glasses off so the agent could compare me better to the horrible low resolution photo in my passport.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
People have their hair dyed and all manner of changes.

Unless your skull has shrunk (in which case there are other things to worry about) don't worry about this.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:40 pm

They will not let you through. You are screwed unless you pay to get a new PP and GE card.

I went from 450 to 160. The cop who pulled me over didn't think it was my license. My face looked way too thin. Plus my ME license was thinner than the ones in PA.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mileena
They will not let you through. You are screwed unless you pay to get a new PP and GE card.

I went from 450 to 160. The cop who pulled me over didn't think it was my license. My face looked way too thin. Plus my ME license was thinner than the ones in PA.
Congratulations on your weight loss! I think I'll be just fine.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:27 pm

Congratulations on your weight loss! I think I'll be just fine.
Thanks Cosmos Human! Good luck to you! Let us know if there are any problems.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:12 am

I was told by an airline employee that they look at head shape, and especially the ears (so they might ask those with long hair to tuck their hair in behind the ears).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.