Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Flying internationally to/from the US with a warrant

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying internationally to/from the US with a warrant

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
It would depend on what the warrant is for I'd imagine, and whose jurisdiction/s are involved. I cannot comment regardless, nor would I want to, if I actually knew the specific answer to your situation.

I can say this however, at my home airport here in Canada, I've actually met city police whom I personally know that were working undercover, sitting at the departure gate posing as pax. They arrested the perp they were looking for once he sat in down in the plane, and took him away to jail. I am sure it wasn't or a parking ticket either.
seawolf likes this.

Last edited by KDS777; Dec 12, 2017 at 8:03 pm
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Depends. If it is a warrant for a murder charge, then law enforcement would probably be waiting for you.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Robbie22
Would somebody with a warrant be able to board an outgoing international flight in the US without any issues?
Definitely depends... if the warrant is properly entered into databases, then CBP definitely knows about it. Whether they do anything about it is the question. FTA for a speeding ticket 10 years ago 10 states away? Unlikely. Homicide? They (or the state/local police) will be waiting for you.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Never mind, old thread. Maybe the OP did get arrested for the misdemeanor! (See post #15 .)
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Personally, if I wanted to leave the country with an active warrant out on me I would leave on a small sailboat to Caribbean nation. No scrutiny from immigration or security services until arrival in the foreign country and even that is not a given. Once in another country it will be much easier to arrange onward travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.