Wiki Posts
Search

Enter/Depart UK on Different Passports

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Enter/Depart UK on Different Passports

I have a question specific to entering the UK and departing on a different passport - I'm familiar with the intricacies of traveling with two passports and when to use each, though being that my two passports are the US and South Africa, I'm unsure about this one.

I would enter the UK from the US on my US passport, and would be traveling outbound to Jordan, using my South African passport to enter Jordan. Ordinarily, I would use my ZAF passport to check in and enter Jordan, and use my USA passport at exit passport control - however, the UK doesn't have an exit control - as far as I know, they just use electronic records submitted by airlines to record that someone has left the UK.

If I check in with my ZAF passport and fly, might I have an issue entering the UK in the future if they think I had previously overstayed due to exiting the UK on a different passport? Or am I completely overthinking things?

Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
If I'm you, I check in for my flight leaving the UK with my US passport, then just plan on showing the ZAF when you land in Jordan. No one will care in Jordan what passport you checked in for your flight with. I have US and Irish passports and never had an issue checking in/exiting with one passport and arriving to use my other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.