Wiki Posts
Search

UK passport - dropping middle name?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
UK passport - dropping middle name?

Hi all, I need to renew my passport soon and I had (what I thought) was a simple query regarding dropping my middle name from the new passport. I've had several different responses from "you can't do that without a deed poll" to "yes thats OK no paperwork required".

I do not use my middle name and have not done for some years (personal preference) I would prefer to have it removed (if possible when renewing my passport)

The HM website states the following:
However it's quite vage and I can't seem to get a definative answer out of anyone.

Has anyone done this before?

Don’t send any extra documents to remove a middle name from a passport. Explain the change in section 8 of the application form or in the additional information box if you apply online.

https://www.gov.uk/changing-passport...r-name-changes
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:17 am

UK law doesn't give a dime about what you call yourself. Just say that you are known as "Ace Clubs" rather than "Ace of Clubs"
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by AceofClubs
Hi all, I need to renew my passport soon and I had (what I thought) was a simple query regarding dropping my middle name from the new passport. I've had several different responses from "you can't do that without a deed poll" to "yes thats OK no paperwork required".

I do not use my middle name and have not done for some years (personal preference) I would prefer to have it removed (if possible when renewing my passport)

The HM website states the following:
However it's quite vage and I can't seem to get a definative answer out of anyone.

Has anyone done this before?

Don’t send any extra documents to remove a middle name from a passport. Explain the change in section 8 of the application form or in the additional information box if you apply online.

https://www.gov.uk/changing-passport...r-name-changes
Do exactly what they say, explain the change in the additional information box. Simply state that you are not known by your middle name, and that you do not use it in any aspect of your life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.