Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple toner cartridges in checked luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Multiple toner cartridges in checked luggage?

I need to take 4 toner cartridges (I weighed them, 19 oz. each) on a domestic United flight. I know they were banned back in 2010, then restricted to 16 oz., but I am not sure exactly what the policy is now. tsa.gov website says I can bring them with no mention of restrictions on quantity or weight of the cartridge. Toner cartridges are not mentioned at all on united.com's baggage "dangerous goods" page.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by paule123
I need to take 4 toner cartridges (I weighed them, 19 oz. each) on a domestic United flight. I know they were banned back in 2010, then restricted to 16 oz., but I am not sure exactly what the policy is now. tsa.gov website says I can bring them with no mention of restrictions on quantity or weight of the cartridge. Toner cartridges are not mentioned at all on united.com's baggage "dangerous goods" page.
You answered your own question. "tsa.gov website says I can bring them with no mention of restrictions on quantity or weight of the cartridge."
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
The 4 toners made it though checked luggage ok. TSA had their slip o paper in the box so they did inspect it...
Old Feb 22, 2014, 1:22 am

Glad it worked out.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by paule123
The 4 toners made it though checked luggage ok. TSA had their slip o paper in the box so they did inspect it...
Can you please tell us if only the cardboard box was opened or was the bag inside contains the cartridge was cut opened?
Thank you.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by ltoro
Can you please tell us if only the cardboard box was opened or was the bag inside contains the cartridge was cut opened?
Thank you.
Keep in mind you are asking about a comment from 8 years ago.....
Old Nov 28, 2022, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Section 107
Keep in mind you are asking about a comment from 8 years ago.....
Sometimes Google searches put you into threads that are years old but matter to folks who are trying to get some info (also noting poster is 1st time as well).

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.