FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   How Many Banned Items Have You Gotten Past TSA? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/1543597-how-many-banned-items-have-you-gotten-past-tsa.html)

iluv2fly Mar 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much (Post 22546422)
Wow -- that's impressive. I guess I just got sent down to the minors. ;)

Thank you. That's what flying over 250,000 miles per year teaches you.

As an aside, in YUL (yes, I know, not TSA), I got caught trying to do a two-fer. Had to "surrender" one full bag of toiletries. :td:

exerda Mar 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Small knives several times without realizing they were there. TSA even dumped the bag once and confiscated a pair of nail clippers but didn't notice the knife. Said knives don't leave my home any longer for fear of my luck running out, and if I take them on a road trip, they go in bags I don't bring on planes.

Multiple kippie bags are routine for me these days. Technically, the contents of one could be considered medical (contact solution, neosporin, nasal spray, and hand sanitizer) while the other is full of toiletry items, so I'm "compliant," but I am surprised that no TSA screener has yet to even glance at them to confirm the contents...

Originally Posted by rknicker (Post 22198283)
They are REALLY good at finding my collar stays and the foil wrappers of Extra gum when they have time to stop talking about who is on break, who is on break next, and who was just on break.

I have switched to metal collar stays recently and have been worried they'll cause a terminal dump if I forget to switch them out to plastic ones when traveling. Good to know TSA is on the ball at finding such terrible threats to aviation security! :D

HatAndJacket Mar 20, 2014 9:40 pm

Sure let me just post everything I've gotten past them so they can read this and come after me :eek::eek::eek:

Schmurrr Mar 21, 2014 7:37 am

Originally Posted by HatAndJacket (Post 22561205)
Sure let me just post everything I've gotten past them so they can read this and come after me :eek::eek::eek:

Why and how would that happen?

HatAndJacket Mar 21, 2014 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Schmurrr (Post 22562835)
Why and how would that happen?

why? because they like to spy... how? Idk

kevinsac Mar 21, 2014 3:16 pm

I lost a small Swiss Army knife several years ago. No big deal.

TSA found it in the bottom of my backpack about 18 months ago ... after I had traveled with that backpack about 100 trips thru the US, Europe, Russia, Asia, etc.

Himeno Mar 21, 2014 8:17 pm

anything I've happened to need for the flight?