Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry at MIA - question about time

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Question Global Entry at MIA - question about time

I have scheduled my Global Entry interview at the Miami Airport, where I will have a connection during an upcoming domestic flight. My flights are with American Airlines, so will probably go through Concourse D. The Global Entry interview room is in Concourse J.

I have a 2 hour layover, and have scheduled my interview for 40minutes after my estimated landing time. I am worried that I may be cutting it pretty close for time, both for getting to my interview on time, and for getting back to make my connection in time.

I was hoping a more frequent MIA traveler could assuage my doubts (or put a kibosh on my ill planned idea) about the time I'll need to get between the two terminals. I have tried googling, and it seems that the two terminals are not connected, so it will necessitate going through security again (twice!). But it also seems like the distance to walk between the two is not very far - like 10-15 minutes

Is that a correct assessment of the walking time? What is security typically like at MIA? A nightmare with long lines, or a relatively small and efficient airport? I will be flying economy, so no expedited security lines, unfortunately.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
Walking time between D and J will be about 10 minutes. And yes, you have to exit the secure area at D. The lines to re-enter D can be brutal; are you registered for Pre-Check? If not, it could be a gamble particularly if your arrival is delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.