Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mabuk dan gila
APC Locations: ATL AUA AUH AUS BOS CLT MDW ORD DFW DEN DTW DUB YEG FLL IAH LAS LAX MIA MSP YUL NAS JFK EWR MCO PHL PHX PDX RNO SLC SAN SFO SEA TPA YYZ YVR IAD

Eligible persons at all APC airports: U.S. and Canadian passport holders and international visitors from Visa Waiver Program countries are eligible to use APC kiosks. Visa Waiver Program visitors must have Electronic System for Travel Authorizations (ESTA) approval prior to travel and have visited the United States on at least one occasion after 2008.

Eligible persons at some but not all APC airports: US permanent residents might be eligible to use APC kiosks at LAX, SFO, ORD, DTW; probably more by now.
Print Wikipost

US CBP Automated Passport Control

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Majuki
Wow. They don't even have GE kiosks, and I don't see them being necessary considering they have only seasonal international service with DL to PUC and CDG. I believe the F9 fights to CUN and PUC are charter. The AC flight would get preclearance. They could first try to make it possible to exit the airport without going airside again.
When I heard PIT was getting them so soon, I was surprised. MDW got them, but given ORD had them that didn't shock me as much despite limited international service at MDW.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Where exactly are the Global Entry kiosks located at YVR. Are they easily spotted? Separate from the new APCs?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by dayone
Where exactly are the Global Entry kiosks located at YVR. Are they easily spotted? Separate from the new APCs?
Global Entry kiosks are immediately to the right the moment you enter the customs hall after clearing security. There are good signs. They may not be immediately spotted if there are a few people in line, but there's only one place to go if you turn right. All other non-TT people proceed straight ahead to clear customs.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by YEGTigger
Global Entry kiosks are immediately to the right the moment you enter the customs hall after clearing security. There are good signs. They may not be immediately spotted if there are a few people in line, but there's only one place to go if you turn right. All other non-TT people proceed straight ahead to clear customs.
I went through on Wednesday. There are a couple of Nexus kiosks and a couple of Global Entry kiosks to the left of them. There was a bit of a line waiting for the Nexus machines but no one was using the GE ones. I said to the people waiting that they could use the GE kiosks but no one believed me. They said those are only for Americans. I asked if they had their fingerprints taken at their interview and they all said yes but it was only for Nexus .

Me and the guy who had been in front of me at the PreCheck line both went to a GE kiosk. Quick scan of my (Canadian) passport, a fingerprint scan and we were on our way. I am sure those people behind us thought we were going to get chased down by the authorities for using the 'American' machine.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
Originally Posted by GUWonder
PANYNJ was resistant to paying for them, and I've seen no indication yet of PANYNJ changing its approach on the matter -- not that I've been looking.

DL did a customer-friendly thing and decided to fund the push for APC kiosks itself at JFK T4. Absent DL, not even JFK T4 would have them.
I guess PANYNY never wait in the line at EWR then.. Oh well.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:53 pm
Suspended

If I have things to declare, won't I still have a long wait since I'll need to speak with a customs official? If so, does that apply even if I am bringing back small amount of liquor (under the duty free allowance)?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by greggarious
If I have things to declare, won't I still have a long wait since I'll need to speak with a customs official? If so, does that apply even if I am bringing back small amount of liquor (under the duty free allowance)?
Not as long as if without APC. Even when getting the X with APC, things are far faster than at comparable periods when/where APC was not in place.

With duty free liquor and it being within the duty free liquor import allowance, you shouldn't get an X because of that; and at least in terms of time you will probably be cleared as if you had not made any foreign acquisitions.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Used APC for the first time at IAH yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect, but...

^ It was miles faster than standing in line for the usual interrogation.... and they didn't even want to ask me any questions...in spite of my itin that involved a four-hour visit to GYE on the way back from LIM. It took me 2 minutes to punch the on-screen keys and then pass customs and recheck. Fastest ever re-entry for me at IAH...
Curious where they put them. Also, can you still use one-stop if you use the APC?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pikapika
No , this will only work for US citizens as my husband and I found out yesterday flying in to Dallas. I have a green card, he is a US citizen. We were both told to go to the Visitor Line. I can tell you we are not happy at all about this change, it gives additional problems to families with citizens and residents.
Indeed - I don't know how this works at other airports but it is a step back at DFW for Permanent Residents, who must now use the much slower visitor lines. I flew back in to DFW the other day with some family (some of us are citizens and others are LPRs). It didn't affect any of us since we all have GE, but I know other family members that I often travel with who will get hit by this since they are LPRs and fly in through DFW often.

The citizen line (formerly citizen/resident) was completely empty and the visitor/resident line (formerly just visitor) was completely backed up.

And a bit of a slap in the face for LPRs: it looks like visitors to the US will be getting APC access (Canadians and VWP holders) while residents will be lumped in with visa holders, who often take the longest to process. Not good at all.

Last edited by Hyperacusis; Jan 25, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Just came through JFK T1 and they had the kiosks up and running. I was through in about 10 minutes at peak and that was because I declared the 6 bottles of liquor I was bringing back.

Otherwise wouldn't have been any different than when I go through the GE lanes.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RChavez
Just came through JFK T1 and they had the kiosks up and running. I was through in about 10 minutes at peak and that was because I declared the 6 bottles of liquor I was bringing back.

Otherwise wouldn't have been any different than when I go through the GE lanes.
All those US citizen passengers arriving on AF, AZ, AM or KE metal DL-coded flights finally get a break at JFK? Nice. Has PANYNJ had a change of heart or was it the airlines paying for it again there?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:23 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
http://www.fly2houston.com/0/3921679/0/83280/

Airport PR on the setup at IAH.
Looks to be 20 kiosks. My cousin went through a couple of weeks ago and said it was under "construction" on the south side a few "rows" behind the GE banks (15 kiosks)

pic

Second PR from airport with additional info:
http://www.fly2houston.com/0/3921678/0/83280/

"The Houston Airport System and U.S. Customs and Border Protection have recently launched several different partnerships designed to expedite the arrivals process for international passengers. The City of Houston stands as one of the most active areas in the country in regards to participation in the Global Entry program. IAH is one of only two airports in the nation to offer expedited entry through a program called OneStop and Houston was the first city chosen to be a “Model Port of Entry.”"

EDIT TO NOTE:
It seems to hint ten airports in total will receive these to start "“The Houston Airport System is among a leading group of 10 international airports that value both excellence in customer service and security"

Last edited by FlyingHoustonian; Feb 17, 2014 at 2:42 pm
Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:31 am

Article about the APC kiosks at DFW.

http://www.gsnmagazine.com/article/4...sport_control_

Interesting quote from the end of the article:

In the next few months, DFW plans to add an additional 24 kiosks to serve customers that are U.S. permanent residents as well as those who come from countries that hold visa waiver agreements with the United States, including the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, South Korea, Australia, and Spain.
Is this now a definite - sounded like it had been shelved for the time being from previous comments?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
The citizen line (formerly citizen/resident) was completely empty and the visitor/resident line (formerly just visitor) was completely backed up.
We had the same experience at DFW yesterday. As a mixed citizen/visitor family we've always been able to go together in the citizen line, so it was a nasty shock to be relegated to the overcrowded visitors line for a hour long wait. Here's hoping VWP countries are added soon.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by diddy_tong
Article about the APC kiosks at DFW.

http://www.gsnmagazine.com/article/4...sport_control_
From the same article:
Also later this year, DFW plans to implement a lane for "one stop" service for international arriving customers who do not have checked baggage.
This sounds like it might mean some sort of lane that bypasses bag claim entirety? I'm not sure if that's even physically/architecturally possible, but it would be awesome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.