Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry & Passport Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Originally Posted by rubesl
When we had our Nexus/GOES interviews we were told you can update a new passport online with GOES, but that we had to come in (no appointment necessary) to update a renewed driver's license.
Yeah, I was told the same thing, but they also told me they want to see it - so if you update passport information on GOES, the next time you use Nexus, it will trigger a secondary so they can verify the new passport. They suggested you go in person (no appointment as you stated) to update both passport and DL.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by alexb133
Yeah, I was told the same thing, but they also told me they want to see it - so if you update passport information on GOES, the next time you use Nexus, it will trigger a secondary so they can verify the new passport. They suggested you go in person (no appointment as you stated) to update both passport and DL.
It makes sense to trigger the secondary for these sorts of updates. It's silly to require a special trip to the airport (+ the ridiculous hourly parking rate) just for this.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
(+ the ridiculous hourly parking rate)
You got that right lol
Old Sep 18, 2011, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I just renewed my passport and updated the details in GOES. Then, I stopped by the nearest GE enrollment office (JFK) without an appointment. The officer said "it's a good thing you stopped by." He swiped my new passport, pulled up my account, typed in a bunch of stuff, and then put a new CBP sticker on the inside back cover of the passport. Glad I went to the trouble of taking care of it in advance of my next trip!

On the other hand, I guess I will have to deal with a NEXUS secondary on my next Canada entry (I'm a dual NEXUS/GE member) so that they can link up my iris scan with my new passport.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by ESpen36
I just renewed my passport and updated the details in GOES. Then, I stopped by the nearest GE enrollment office (JFK) without an appointment. The officer said "it's a good thing you stopped by." He swiped my new passport, pulled up my account, typed in a bunch of stuff, and then put a new CBP sticker on the inside back cover of the passport. Glad I went to the trouble of taking care of it in advance of my next trip!

On the other hand, I guess I will have to deal with a NEXUS secondary on my next Canada entry (I'm a dual NEXUS/GE member) so that they can link up my iris scan with my new passport.
Actually, you won't have an issue with the iris scan. When I got my new passport earlier this year, I simply went into the LAX GE office (which probably has the most convenient location of any airport) and had them do the update. No need to redo iris scans and no NEXUS secondary, which I did not a week or two later.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by N1120A
Actually, you won't have an issue with the iris scan. When I got my new passport earlier this year, I simply went into the LAX GE office (which probably has the most convenient location of any airport) and had them do the update. No need to redo iris scans and no NEXUS secondary, which I did not a week or two later.

Good to know; thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Good to know; thanks!
I think the issue is probably with people who only go online to update GOES. You have to go in person to a GE or NEXUS (which are GE too now) office.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by N1120A
When I got my new passport earlier this year, I simply went into the LAX GE office (which probably has the most convenient location of any airport) and had them do the update. No need to redo iris scans and no NEXUS secondary, which I did not a week or two later.
I have Global Entry and NEXUS. My GE is passport-only, no GE card, since I enrolled last year.

My new passport is being processed for a visa. When I get it back, I should first update the information using GOES, I assume. I'm then planning to drive to LAX (since L.A. is a fun city to spend a day in anyway). Is it better to just walk in to the GE office at LAX rather than make an appointment? Will I still need a secondary on my next visit to Canada (which might not be until next year)?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I was pre-approved for global entry and have my interview scheduled in April. My passport is expiring later this year, though, so I would need to renew by October anyway. If I renew now, getting the new passport before the April appointment, will that cause any problems since my application has the current passport number on it? My guess is that I just update the GOES system when I get the new passport and it will be fine, but I didn't see anything beyond that in the GOES FAQ that specifically addresses this situation.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by groobie
I was pre-approved for global entry and have my interview scheduled in April. My passport is expiring later this year, though, so I would need to renew by October anyway. If I renew now, getting the new passport before the April appointment, will that cause any problems since my application has the current passport number on it? My guess is that I just update the GOES system when I get the new passport and it will be fine, but I didn't see anything beyond that in the GOES FAQ that specifically addresses this situation.
Not a problem. At your interview, simply tell them you renewed your passport between application and interview. I did this and the officer just took the new information and entered it.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by cparekh
Not a problem. At your interview, simply tell them you renewed your passport between application and interview. I did this and the officer just took the new information and entered it.
And, if it gives you comfort, bring the cancelled one.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: US Airways, Avis, British Airways
Renewed passport. Went online to the GOES system and selected "Update Documents" and it allows me to update Passport 1 or Passport 2 (secondary passport). I am only given 4 fields, one to update the passport number, another to confirm the new passport number, one for the issue date and one for the expiration date. It does NOT allow me to update the issuing location, which is different than the original passport. Is this going to pose a problem?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ
Renewed passport. Went online to the GOES system and selected "Update Documents" and it allows me to update Passport 1 or Passport 2 (secondary passport). I am only given 4 fields, one to update the passport number, another to confirm the new passport number, one for the issue date and one for the expiration date. It does NOT allow me to update the issuing location, which is different than the original passport. Is this going to pose a problem?
To be safe, stop by a Global Entry enrollment center at your soonest opportunity and have them enroll your new passport. No appointment needed, you'll get a GE sticker in the new one, and the agent there can verify that everything is entered correctly.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by anabolism
To be safe, stop by a Global Entry enrollment center at your soonest opportunity and have them enroll your new passport. No appointment needed, you'll get a GE sticker in the new one, and the agent there can verify that everything is entered correctly.
+1

I did it for my new passport last week. Was in and out in about 8 minutes minutes. Got lucky and was able to park at the ORD Terminal 5 short term parking for free!!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: UA - 1K
I am currently outside of the US and will be getting my passport re-newed at the US embassy. Can i still use the Kiosk for GE when I fly home with my new passport if I update my info in GOES, or will it not work?

Last edited by trele6; Feb 15, 2013 at 1:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.