Search

3 arrested after fake bomb at Sky Harbor

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
3 arrested after fake bomb at Sky Harbor

This is so ridiculous!! 3 person who gotten arrested when they are trying to carry fake bomb through at checkpoint. They should not bring fake bomb. When TSA officers look inside the carryon bags. So here the link:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...hoenix-airport

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...harbor-airport

They could go to jail for that. They will sentenced to life in prison. They were trying to delivery the bomb to other friends in DSM.

Please no politics & no religious on the forum. Thank you for your understanding.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Originally Posted by N830MH

Please no politics & no religious on the forum. Thank you for your understanding.
Huh?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: too many of the few that are left
Originally Posted by fishferbrains
Huh?
Did you read the links? I understand N830MH's concern the suspects' nationalities and (assumed) religion might draw attention away from the unjustifiably confident descriptions of a "fake bomb."

There is Ethiopian food that could accurately be described as "fiery," but not that way...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by YCTTSFM
Did you read the links? I understand N830MH's concern the suspects' nationalities and (assumed) religion might draw attention away from the unjustifiably confident descriptions of a "fake bomb."

There is Ethiopian food that could accurately be described as "fiery," but not that way...
I don't believe it. IF there is enough more evidence being found. I don't see any suspicious package. This is not a threats. TSA could be problem against those 3 suspects. Why there is no such things to find the suspicious bag. I don't trusted them.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
I don't believe it. IF there is enough more evidence being found. I don't see any suspicious package. This is not a threats. TSA could be problem against those 3 suspects. Why there is no such things to find the suspicious bag. I don't trusted them.
I never know if you're being sarcastic or not.

That said, there already is a long thread on this very topic from several days ago.

The individual bringing the package on board has stated that it was a fake device intended to test security.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but whenever I bring food aboard an airplane, I always make sure to strap it to a cell phone using duct tape
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Already being discussed over here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...substance.html
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by goalie
Thanks. Let's please continue the discussion in the thread already under way.

---------
essxjay
TS/S moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.