Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked Luggage items in JKF

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Checked Luggage items in JKF

It is my first time travelling to USA - travelling with my sister. I would really like to bring my favourite tea & chutney with me, from home, but wanted to know if the security at JFK would have an issue with that (I would put them in my checked luggage). We are flying in on Emirates & they will likely selophane wrap my luggage anyway....would I have to declare it to customs, or would it go through security without warrenting a physical luggage search?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:41 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
You may bring the tea and chutney with you, assuming that these are products bought in a store. It will not be an issue with security if it is in your checked luggage. However, you must declare the items upon arrival (on the cutsoms form) and customs may examine them or question you about them. Just be truthful. I would recommend that you wrap the jar of chutney in bubble wrap and put it in a ziploc bag in case it gets damaged in travel (otherwise you could end up chutney all over your clothes).

Have a good trip to the USA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.