Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today's IAH experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bart
I guess the part I don't understand is how you post with a certain degree of pride how miserable you deliberately make yourself throughout this process. I mean, you must be the life of the party, pal!

Tell me, do you also act so gloomy with convenience store cashiers, movie ushers, restaurant servers and secretarial staff just to reinforce your own sense of superiority?

"I came to the checkpoint today and acted like a total jerk! That really stuck it to them!"

High fives all around!!!

When was the last time a store cashier asked you how to pronounce your name and then sent you to be groped?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I have three airports to hit this week. I will present my NEXUS and "sign" my name if asked.

I will opt out of the scanner (if necessary) and insist on being able to see my bags.

(My tools were stolen out of my rental car trunk in Dallas two weeks ago. I have spent the better part of a week in replacing them and dealing with insurance and recalcitrant suppliers. I am out ~$10,000 so far but the insurance will cover some of it. I will not let this happen again if I can help it. So, I will insist on watching my belongings. Oh, boy, will I insist.)

I will take my frisk like a grown up knowing all the while that the screener looks much more ridiculous doing the frisk than I do getting it.

I have one serious personality flaw (and several minor ones). I do not suffer fools gladly.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Bart
Tell me, do you also act so gloomy with convenience store cashiers, movie ushers, restaurant servers and secretarial staff just to reinforce your own sense of superiority?
Tell me you didn't really just equate heroic TSA guardians to store cashiers, movie ushers, restaurant servers and secretarial staff, did you ?

^
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Tell me you didn't really just equate heroic TSA guardians to store cashiers, movie ushers, restaurant servers and secretarial staff, did you ?
It's a far more accurate comparison to equate them to secretarial staff than to equate them to soldiers, real police officers, doctors, and lawyers, eh?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:32 am

Secretaries are far above TSAs

Originally Posted by Caradoc
It's a far more accurate comparison to equate them to secretarial staff than to equate them to soldiers, real police officers, doctors, and lawyers, eh?
I know a couple of secretaries. Their jobs are complicated and require multi-tasking as well as strong customer service abilities. They are incredibly bright. I would consider TSAs way below this skill level.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: Double Unobtainium, Grace L. Ferguson Airline & Storm Door Co.

^
I hope not. All of those do useful, necessary work -- often for far too little pay -- and none have ever brusquely ordered me around, barked at me, threatened me, or demanded to feel my genitalia.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Vidiot
or demanded to feel my genitalia.
A few secretaries could have, if they'd only asked .
Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Slide101
I know a couple of secretaries. Their jobs are complicated and require multi-tasking as well as strong customer service abilities. They are incredibly bright. I would consider TSAs way below this skill level.
I most carefully did NOT say they'd be any good at it.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:50 pm

wow.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by SATTSO
wow.
Why they "wow"?

At least that groping would be consensual.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:17 pm

The "wow" is because it was a sexist comment. Your comment shows that you do not take workplace harassment seriously.

Come on folks, let's not lose credibility.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by mules
The "wow" is because it was a sexist comment. Your comment shows that you do not take workplace harassment seriously.

Come on folks, let's not lose credibility.
I take real harassment very seriously. Fake outrage over stuff that isn't harassment diminishes us all. It isn't harassment if both parties are willing.

I see nothing where Wally was demanding, asking or even mentioning anything to the secretaries in question. He was merely stating that it would have been welcome if those specific ladies initiated contact.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mules
Maybe I missed something, but the implication I saw in there was that he found a secretary or three attractive, and would have said "Of course!" if they'd asked permission to grope him.

This is in distinct contrast to the gropings performed by the TSA.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by StanSimmons
Why they "wow"?

At least that groping would be consensual.
Wow.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by StanSimmons
It isn't harassment if both parties are willing.

LMAO I guess that means we all have license to simply ask this of others at the work place - and if they say no, then ok, we sexually harassed someone. But if they say yes, well, lucky us!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.