Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Over Diligent?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Over Diligent?

Easter Sunday we were returning home from SEA. Our 20 year old daughter goes through security and TSA asks if a backpack was hers. She responds that it was and they said that they wanted to look inside. As the TSA agent is digging around in the bag, he pulls out a solid chocolate bunny about 10 inches high and proceeded to swipe the package for explosives before putting it back in the scanner for further scrutiny. It then dawned on me why our bag was opened and inspected before we left BOS and a little card left that they had done so. In the bag was four of those chocolate bunnies AND a quart size jug of maple syrup. I can only imagine what they thought when they saw a large solid mass next to a container of liquid.

Beware the bunny!
Old May 3, 2011, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Oh noes, Explosive Bunny!

However, a larger piece of chocolate can look like explosive on the x-ray screen.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:32 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
oops! misread...
Old May 3, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
Was the maple syrup in your checked bag or carryon?
Old May 3, 2011, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

The maple syrup and the 4 chocolate bunnies were in a checked bag. It was may more than 3 ounces.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.