Wiki Posts
Search

How Stupid Can the TSA Be, Part the Third

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

How Stupid Can the TSA Be, Part the Third

Apparently, despite Bloghdad Bob's desperate reassurances vis a vis recording at the checkpoint, some of the TSA's jackbooted thugs still haven't gotten the memo.

Or maybe there was another Soooper-Sekrit Inanity memo circulated designating unused tubs as the official method of blocking camera operators at the checkpoint.

The tubs are certainly more aesthetically pleasing than the ATL method of blocking the camera with their steatopygian gluteal regions.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: United
I was told last Monday that I couldn't film at the checkpoint. Even had a suit come up to me and tell me that. Once I started quoting the TSA website their tune changed to that I couldn't film a pat down unless the person being patted down agreed.

He never asked my wife if she agreed, just assumed that she wouldn't.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
I was told last Monday that I couldn't film at the checkpoint. Even had a suit come up to me and tell me that. Once I started quoting the TSA website their tune changed to that I couldn't film a pat down unless the person being patted down agreed.

Should send an email to BB asking if TSA can teach its employees the rules regarding recording or even something as simple as recognizing ID's.

Probably won't answer though.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:50 am

amazing post.

according to PTravel, these types of searches must be performed publicly; if public, then it can be filmed, no?

why the concern that the grope NOT be filmed when the person being groped requested it? Why are they so adamant that no filming of the grope be done, even though the position of TSA is that filming is allowed?

Perhaps there is an SSI directive that says "no filming, even though we publicly state that it is allowed".
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
This video is very anxiety provoking and it's unfortunate to see LEO's siding with TSA. I have to say the the woman yakking throughout much of the video doesn't help the cause. She just sounds like a nut that nobody's listening to.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
amazing post.

according to PTravel, these types of searches must be performed publicly; if public, then it can be filmed, no?

why the concern that the grope NOT be filmed when the person being groped requested it? Why are they so adamant that no filming of the grope be done, even though the position of TSA is that filming is allowed?

Perhaps there is an SSI directive that says "no filming, even though we publicly state that it is allowed".
It's not about 'our' privacy... It's about their privacy. They want no evidence that proves that the are molesting fellow citizens. If there is no record? It never happened. Self preservation at it's finest.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by FetePerfection
This video is very anxiety provoking and it's unfortunate to see LEO's siding with TSA. I have to say the the woman yakking throughout much of the video doesn't help the cause. She just sounds like a nut that nobody's listening to.
yes, there is a bit of histrionics. but on the other hand, I like the passion. don't go down without a fight....
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Darkumbra
It's not about 'our' privacy... It's about their privacy. They want no evidence that proves that the are molesting fellow citizens. If there is no record? It never happened. Self preservation at it's finest.
Exactly.

The blue-shirted morons don't want video on Youtube showing their relatives and parents exactly what they do for a living.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
yes, there is a bit of histrionics. but on the other hand, I like the passion. don't go down without a fight....
Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and by many state constitutions and state and federal laws. Criticism of the government and advocacy of unpopular ideas that people may find distasteful or against public policy, such as racism, sexism, and other hate speech are almost always permitted.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Darkumbra
They forgot about this lovely photo

Or these: http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...qi=g1&aql=&oq=

One of my airports has a great spot to overlook the checkpoints. Next time I am there, I'll see about bringing along my DSLR and telephoto lenses.. I look forward to being told that I am interfering with the screening process, when I am over one hundred feet, and one level up, from the checkpoint.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Caradoc
Exactly.

The blue-shirted morons don't want video on Youtube showing their relatives and parents exactly what they do for a living.
I loved it when the smurf grabbed the tub and tried to block the camera. Excellent. Keep it up guys, keep digging that hole.

edit. Its on reddit now

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_D...ck_filming_of/

Last edited by oldjonesy; Apr 5, 2011 at 5:26 pm
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oldjonesy
I loved it when the smurf grabbed the tub and tried to block the camera. Excellent. Keep it up guys, keep digging that hole.
This should be Exhibit A in a lawsuit against the smurfs and that cop.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by n4zhg
This should be Exhibit A in a lawsuit against the smurfs and that cop.
Normally they just try to block the camera with their collective fat backsides, but this was much better.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Combat Medic

This is why the gropee is the one who must protest the interference with photography. It is the gropee who must stop the grope and point out that their companion's recording of the grope is being interfered with.

This makes it clear that the TSA thug is not protecting the victim's privacy, but simply aggravating the assault. It cuts through their Bravo-Sierra more effectively and assures photographic evidence.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oldjonesy
Normally they just try to block the camera with their collective fat backsides, but this was much better.
The ones in ATL and PHX at least don't need to be a "collective" to block the camera with a backside.

They're the definitive of "steatopygian."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.