Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL TSA didn't let me keep an eye on my bags

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I should have. I was checked in plenty early. I was through security. Missed an opportunity. me
Hindsight is 20/20.

I am making arrangements such that if circumstances force me to fly anywhere, I will have plenty of time to deal with the TSA and their attendant bovine excrement.

Including a couple of lawyers on tap who're experienced in such matters at both my departure and destination points...
Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:21 pm

My 3rd time ... this past Thu @ MSY, D concourse ... the TSO at the L3
machine insisted I face away from my stuff. I replied, "No, I'm keeping my
eyes on my gear," and I shouted for a supe.

Everytime she insisted that I face away, I declined with a the full explanation
and another shout for supv.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
I would not waste my breath asking the smurf for just a supervisor, a 2 stripe LTSO or 3 stripe STSO were former one stripe smurfs themselves and in all probability would back up one of their own kind,

I personally would ask for either the FSD, or TSM, these are 2 high level managers at that location.

A LTSO or STSO will probably be the first one called over by the TSO and I would give them only one chance to correct the problem, if they stall or refuse, then I would again demand the FSD or TSM be called. And I would not hesitate to tell the TSO the reasons for my concern about my property, I just don’t trust anyone from the TSA because its almost every day now that we read about a TSO being arrested for theft.

It also won’t hurt to carry a copy of the statement on the TSA website where they advise travelers to keep their personal possessions in site at all times, I have a copy of this with me when I travel.

Mr. Elliott
Old Mar 6, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: GE, B6 True Blue, Hilton Honors, IHG
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
Is there anything on TSA.gov regarding your being required to see your bags? I'm printing out virtually the entire website for an opt-out I'm planning next week. Thanks for any info.
Ask and you shall receive. Here you go. Numbers 1 and 4 under Security Best Practices. Print it out and shove it in their face when they deny you your rights and violate their own guidelines. It's on their own damn website!

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/custome...s/protect.shtm

Last edited by chugger1; Mar 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.