Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you do with prohibited items?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
There is an interesting article on How Stuff Works about this subject.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
There is an interesting article on How Stuff Works about this subject.
Which is what I posted last night... The sheer volume is scary

So is this why so many TSA personal are bringing large backpacks and suitcases for a day of work at the checkpoint?

Last edited by loops; Jan 28, 2011 at 9:48 am Reason: add illustration (assuming I did that correctly)
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by eturowski
Actually, yes. I saw a little "mail prohibited items home" booth by the checkpoint at Terminal A in BOS last weekend. I hadn't noticed it before, so I don't know if it's new or if I just haven't been stuck in the security line for long enough recently to notice. It wasn't manned, it was just a little stack of mailer envelopes and a mail drop. I'm not sure how postage is paid.

http://www.airportmailers.com/

Has anyone else seen anything similar or used one?
===============================
There were a few at the airport I work at just before the security checkpoint. Unfortunately they were 'vandalized' and were short-lived and removed.
I have reluctantly mailed things for people because I don't want to be responsible if it gets lost or stolen by someone else. I couldn't refuse the guy who had a very expensive lighter (it was like a mini blow-torch !) - he handed me $10.00 cash to mail it, so I did from my hometown post office.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by loops
So is this why so many TSA personal are bringing large backpacks and suitcases for a day of work at the checkpoint?
How else are they going to get their acquisitions home?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.