Wiki Posts
Search

Is it safe to travel to Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Is it safe to travel to Mexico City

I wanted to burn through a few miles and was considering spending a long weekend in Mexico City. However, after reading the State Department's website on Mexico I am not so sure any more. Would you consider it to be safe in Mexico City?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:12 pm

Felt very safe

Flew there SFO - MEX couple of months back and loved every moment of my stay in Mexico City.

Felt absolutely safe walking around, taking cabs etc. I did not use public transport. All major touristy areas have good/visible police presence.

Use common sense just like while visiting any major metropolis. For the record I don't speak Spanish but was able to survive fine.

Last year was "Visit Mexico" year and investment Mexico made in tourist police and infrastructure is paying off as tourist flow jumped 25% last year.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by gaja_raj
Flew there SFO - MEX couple of months back and loved every moment of my stay in Mexico City.

Felt absolutely safe walking around, taking cabs etc. I did not use public transport. All major touristy areas have good/visible police presence.

Use common sense just like while visiting any major metropolis. For the record I don't speak Spanish but was able to survive fine.

Last year was "Visit Mexico" year and investment Mexico made in tourist police and infrastructure is paying off as tourist flow jumped 25% last year.
Thanks for your thoughts. I think I should be fine in Mexico City and will just go ahead and book my mini vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.