Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help: Missing Middle Name on Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Following on from this.

Just booked two tickets, and realised that at no point have I supplied our middle names for the tickets. Obviously the passport has them though. So whilst the boarding pass would not show them, nor would the ticket.

They have been supplied on the ESTA though.

I am within the first 24 hours, so can cancel and rebook - but should I be concerned?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Lightbulb Reason for TSA "Say your Name Game"

Bingo!

Since it is very common for boarding passes and IDs not matching EXACTLY (eg. boarding pass has LAST/FIRST, and ID has FIRST MIDDLE LAST), perhaps this is why TSA agents sometimes ask passengers to say their name?

Maybe by doing this the can make sure that you are the person listed on the boarding pass? Most people (with the exception of a few FTers who complain about the "say your name game") when asked to say their name would have a natural reflex to say their actual first and last name.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by daniellam

Since it is very common for boarding passes and IDs not matching EXACTLY (eg. boarding pass has LAST/FIRST, and ID has FIRST MIDDLE LAST), perhaps this is why TSA agents sometimes ask passengers to say their name?
That is not why the TSA clerks ask passengers to say names.

Originally Posted by daniellam

Maybe by doing this the can make sure that you are the person listed on the boarding pass? Most people (with the exception of a few FTers who complain about the "say your name game") when asked to say their name would have a natural reflex to say their actual first and last name.
How about giving the wishful thinking a rest?

No bingo win for anyone here when it comes to most people whose first and last names on a boarding pass are not an "exact match" of what is on the photo ID presented by such passengers.

The way someone responds to a name pronunciation demand from the TSA doesn't make sure of anything useful in preventing WEI from getting airside and is ineffective even with the ridiculous blacklist application.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Following on from this.

Just booked two tickets, and realised that at no point have I supplied our middle names for the tickets. Obviously the passport has them though. So whilst the boarding pass would not show them, nor would the ticket.

I am within the first 24 hours, so can cancel and rebook - but should I be concerned?
Do whatever you wish, but from what I have seen those who do the "cancel and rebook" for your mentioned circumstance are more likely to have material problems doing the "cancel and rebook" than just sticking to what they/you have/had.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
I have an upcoming codeshare intl flight. when i checked the record on the operating carrier's website, my name came up in the format surname/firstnameiniitialtitle (ie smith/tammydmrs). Is this worth worrying about?

T
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Following on from this.

I do not use my middle name anywhere. Not once have I booked a flight using my middle name, even though my passport shows it. I have flown around the world on UA, US, CA, AC, VX, SQ, DL, TG, TK, QR, AI, B6, and AA and I have never had a problem with it. I have even flown in and out of TLV and did not have a problem with it.

I would not worry.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tatia
I have an upcoming codeshare intl flight. when i checked the record on the operating carrier's website, my name came up in the format surname/firstnameiniitialtitle (ie smith/tammydmrs). Is this worth worrying about?

T
That is a rather frequent way that things show up -- it is not generally consisted a problem and is rather considered mostly ordinary.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: 2015 kettle
Has this policy become more strictly enforced? I booked a ticket for the wife and daughter and didn't have their middle names in their profile in 'other travelers' part of my ff account. Their passports do have the middle names on them. International ticket to Ireland. Anyone have any new experiences?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Not generally a problem, just make sure you put it correct in the InSecureFlight filing.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:54 pm

Hi sorry to intrude, but i would like your output, what do you think of this:
Ticket saying "Jason John Gordon Smith Anderson" and ID saying "Jason John Gordon Smith Ander"
Missing 3 letters of surname
(yes i have a big name (5 total))
OK or not ok?
Thanks

Last edited by JorgeShiroi; Mar 25, 2015 at 2:55 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.