Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Protest Underwear

A cool idea. Like the figleaf part.

Read the 4th amendment perverts
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:47 pm

Programs: OnePass
45 bucks is a touch steep, but I might shell out for those.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikemey
45 bucks is a touch steep, but I might shell out for those.
45 bucks to guarantee a groping when the underwear shows up on the NoS?

I'll pass, thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

The boxers aren't $45, they are $24. And who's gonna look at your chest, anyway?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:04 pm

4th Amendment Underwear

Get your 4th Amendment underwear today.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:49 pm

I don't get the "privacy" undies. They'll show up on the NoS and they you get groped too, what's the point?

Last edited by deadpass; Dec 28, 2010 at 4:52 pm Reason: whoa typo
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by deadpass
I don't get the "privacy" undies. They'll show up on the NoS and they you get groped too, what's the point?
That's what I thought, except they could come in handy at LHR, where one can't opt out.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Caradoc
45 bucks to guarantee a groping when the underwear shows up on the NoS?

I'll pass, thanks.
So did many others. Many escaped notice while a larger war raged around them. Suffering injustice in silence does grease one's way through life.

One thing you will know. Whatever our world becomes. You played your part.

Will you tell you grandchildren?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 6:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by birdstrike
So did many others. Many escaped notice while a larger war raged around them. Suffering injustice in silence does grease one's way through life.

One thing you will know. Whatever our world becomes. You played your part.

Will you tell you grandchildren?
How much do you have invested in the underwear that you'd attack someone for balking at paying $45 for something that will have utterly no effect whatsoever on the dolt behind the scanner?

Write your congressman.

(I have.)

Write your senator.

(I have.)

Refuse to fly until the TSA stops their silly nonsense.

(I have.)

Tell everyone you know about the rampant stupidity and injustice that the TSA and DHS are wreaking on what used to be a free country before our elected leaders borrowed a page from Goering and invoked "unpatriotic" as the equivalent to "standing up for one's rights."

(I have.)

But paying $45 for stupid underwear that only the undertrained and overpaid nude-o-scope operator is going to see and completely ignore? That's profiteering in the same vein as Chertoff's - and may actually have a higher profit margin.

Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance
The boxers aren't $45, they are $24. And who's gonna look at your chest, anyway?
T-shirts go for $45, a bra and panties set is $30, and boxers are $24

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 29, 2010 at 11:44 am Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How much do you have invested in the underwear that you'd attack someone for balking at paying $45 for something that will have utterly no effect whatsoever on the dolt behind the scanner?

Write your congressman.

(I have.)
Check.

Write your senator.

(I have.)
Check.

Refuse to fly until the TSA stops their silly nonsense.

(I have.)
Mostly. I refuse to let them influence my vacation travel to remote places they don't even have the wits to dream about.

Tell everyone you know about the rampant stupidity and injustice that the TSA and DHS are wreaking on what used to be a free country before our elected leaders borrowed a page from Goering and invoked "unpatriotic" as the equivalent to "standing up for one's rights."

(I have.)
Check

But paying $45 for stupid underwear that only the undertrained and overpaid nude-o-scope operator is going to see and completely ignore? That's profiteering in the same vein as Chertoff's - and may actually have a higher profit margin.
Yeah, but it costs .000001% of my typical vacation and provided .000001% of amusement. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.