Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Favorite memory of a bygone era in airport security?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite memory of a bygone era in airport security?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by eyecue
Security people that could not speak English.
These still exist.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:56 pm

My dad took 3 guns in his body when he went living to Central America in the 1960's....no checks anyplace...or so he claims
Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Foxhat
I remember always carrying a small Swiss Army knife in my backpack as I traveled around the globe. The only place they ever questioned it was in Japan where they made me promise not to take it out of my backpack during the flight.
I had a similar experience in Tokyo. They found my Swiss army knife, told me I couldn't fly with it, but then arrived with a solution: they wrapped a bit of scotch tape around it and said "don't take the tape off until you get home". I agreed. Got home safely, and nobody tried to hijack the airplane. If someone had, I might have gone back on my pledge.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Fall 2005, flying back from SEA. Had just discovered the wonders of Northwest microbrews and decided to bring some back, going as far as buying a second carryon at Fred Meyer to tote the tasty beverages in.

TSA: "I'm sorry sir, we can't let you fly with this carryon. We'll need to confiscate it."
Me: "Why? It's just beer, and I'm of age..."
TSA: "Because we're thirsty! Just kidding - have a safe trip."

Little did I know at the time that the liquid carnival was just around the corner...
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by RosemaryT
It was kinda funny. And we all chuckled. ?
Chuckle if you want. Till some white-haired granny blows a plane out of the sky!

[I hope that sounded sarcastic. I don't really believe such nonsense]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.