Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Opt-out patdown followed by inappropriate comments from screening supervisor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Found this news article on the San Jose Mercury News website that reports on an opt-out initiated pat-down screening last Sunday afternoon. Here's the relevant quote from the very bottom of the article.
A 27-year-old graduate student from Portland, Ore., said in an interview Wednesday that she was violated when she opted out of the X-ray machine and received a pat-down at SFO's international terminal Sunday afternoon before a flight to Seattle.

Eliz Roser said the female security agent used the back of her hand to feel under her breast, then squeezed them, and touched her buttocks and near her genital area.

She said she was crying and visibly upset and complained to a TSA supervisor. But what disturbed her most was what she said that supervisor told her.

"She said to me, you'll be thankful (for the procedures) when you see those people praying on their rugs in the terminal," said Roser, who is not Muslim. "It made me so angry. I felt shocked and really disgusted by the whole procedure."
Reporter: Mike Rosenberg, Bay Area News Group
http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo-county/ci_16706702

Also to highlight: this incident occurred at SFO, where screening is performed by a private firm (Covenant Aviation Security) that follows TSA guidelines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.