Search

AIT + Irate pax + LEO =

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TSA
AIT + Irate pax + LEO =

I know that there has been a lot of discussion about this so:
Today a female passenger came through DEN and created a disturbance at the AIT machine. A LEO was called and the PAX raised the issue that she was sexually assaulted by the female officer for TSA. The LEO said to the passenger: "No you were not, TSA is just doing their job." So there you have it in DEN.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by eyecue
Today a female passenger came through DEN and created a disturbance at the AIT machine. A LEO was called and the PAX raised the issue that she was sexually assaulted by the female officer for TSA. The LEO said to the passenger: "No you were not, TSA is just doing their job." So there you have it in DEN.
Yep...LEO's are now judge and jury in addition to police officer.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA-Platinum,DL, UAL, HHonors-Diamond,IHG-Platinum
And the LEO of course didn't even see it to be able to make that statement I'm guessing.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:04 pm

Whelp, that settles it.

Oh wait, no it doesn't.

I see your garden variety cop, and raise you a DA.

So because one DA says he WILL prosecute, that settles it. Right?

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you know as well as we do it depends on how the circumstances are delivered to the LEO, and how the LEO feels about the TSA.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Do you work in DEN and did you witness this? Or did you hear it through the grapevine? I wonder if TSA will be able to produce video of this incident...
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:10 pm

It's easy really. You are an abuser if you are touching anyone's genitals or breasts under coerced "consent".
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Under NYS Law:
Forcible Touching
130.52 Forcible Touching Intentionally for no legitimate purpose, D grabs, squeezes or pinches the sexual or other intimate parts of V for purpose of degrading/abusing or gratifying own desire
Class A misdemeanor
Max 1 year

Link to Word Doc Summary

Here's my question, the Intentionally for no legitimate purpose part is subject to interpretation. I think I will carry that page with me and call the cops. A cop cannot make a decision if it's Intentionally for no legitimate purpose, that would be up to a Judge/Jury right?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Under NYS Law:
However, Denver is not in NY and all states have different laws.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:49 pm

I bet the LEO was a male.

How can a male then answer how a female feels?

Men are not women.
And people are different. What is an assult to you might ( most likely) not an assult to another person.

So to me this sound just like an excuse.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:53 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
eyecue: Did the LEO witness what happened, or did he/she just assume that TSA employees are allowed to engage in the activity that the passenger considered sexual assault?

Did the activity occur in a public place? If so, what did the other passengers say?

Originally Posted by RichardKenner
However, Denver is not in NY and all states have different laws.
I think it's safe to assume that Colorado has a similar law (unwanted touching being illegal if it's for no legitimate purpose) on the books. Also, the TSA does operate under the same SOP (pardon my ) in NY.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: *wood Gold
My response to the LEO would be very simple:

"Sir, may I please have one of your business cards? As you refuse to do your job and arrest someone when you have a victim standing in front of you, pointing out the perp who has committed a crime, I'd like to file a complaint against you as well. I would respectfully suggest that 'aiding and abetting' a felony won't look good on your record when you're up for promotion."

If the police won't cooperate, file a complaint against them as well-- hopefully something of a criminal nature. If not, at least file something that will keep Internal Affairs busy for a few days. If there's one thing that government is good for, it's letting the wheels grind on someone while they're going through the process-- whether or not the complaint filed has any merit to it whatsoever.

If you can't get revenge against TSA because of a LEO, then take out your frustrations by filing something against the LEO instead.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver
Yes, in DEN we have a cop who didn't do his job.

Now provide a link.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
And this one time, at Band Camp....
Old Nov 17, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Assuming this incident actually happened, are you suggesting that all DEN LEOs have similar views? That all TS functionaries at DEN are upstanding citizens who would never do anything inappropriate? That all travelers at DEN are liars?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.