Search

The NoS question not yet asked

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
The NoS question not yet asked

I have a simple question that, to the best of my knowledge, has not been asked of the TSA:

If the enhanced pat-downs are necessary following the "Christmas underwear bomber", and they are not punitive, why did the TSA wait until the Nude-o-Scopes were available before the enhanced pat-downs were impemented?

It seems to me that if what the TSA is saying is true, then they have purposefully kept us unsafe for the past 10 months. There is no technology required for the enhanced pat-down. Instead, they deployed these enhanced pat-downs at the same time as the Nude-o-Scopes, which can only lead to the conclusion that they are simply punitive.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
You're asking a logical question to an illogical agency. No chance you would get a logical answer.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta, United
I asked this question in September to a judiciary staffer who works for Sen Hatch who was going to ask TSA. I am still waiting for an answer.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I asked this question in September to a judiciary staffer who works for Sen Hatch who was going to ask TSA. I am still waiting for an answer.
You'll probably always be waiting for an answer
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: Former UA 1P
The same question can be asked as to why TSA banned water and other liquids only after the liquid-plotters had been arrested. DHS and the intelligence community supposedly knew about the plot for about 8 months prior to the 8/06 ban.

DHS/TSA is all about fixing the barn door after the horse has left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.