My senator responds-I respond BACK!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, HILT DIAMOND, PC PLAT
My senator responds-I respond BACK!

His response to me on TSA and the Nude-O-Scope:

Dear Mr. CredenzaQ,

Thank you for contacting me regarding imaging technology at airports. I appreciate hearing from you.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) oversees airport security screening procedures and is responsible for the safety of the country's transportation systems. The TSA was created in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks and is part of the Department of Homeland Security. As you know, TSA employs imaging technology at some U.S. airports and has indicated plans to expand its use. A number of privacy concerns have been raised about this technology. I understand these concerns and, should this technology be incorporated into standard airport security measures, believe it is important that TSA's privacy rules remain in place and that they are enforced. TSA currently allows passengers to request a pat-down search instead of going through the full body imaging machine. Additionally, TSA policy is that it does not save or store the images the machines produce. And the TSA agent who is in contact with the passenger will never see the image the machine creates, just as the agent viewing the image will never be in contact with the passenger, or see the passenger's face.

Thank you again for contacting me. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Sincerely,

Russell D. Feingold
United States Senator

MY RESPONSE BACK TO THIS IDIOT:

Dear Senator Feingold,

Thank you for your reply that you sent, I have it included below. I invite you to come travel with me on airplanes, at my expense, 45 weeks out of the year. I fly over 100 segments and incorporate over 125,000 miles per annum. If you feel the same way after being "groped" and "physically violated" after 6 months, I would be very surprised. The constitution is also being violated. Where has my right to unlawful search and seizure gone. This canned response and others that I have recived from you concerning this and other matters is the main reason that you will NOT be receiving my vote November 2nd.

CredenzaQ
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Touche +1
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by CredenzaQ
Dear Senator Feingold,

Thank you for your reply that you sent, I have it included below. I invite you to come travel with me on airplanes, at my expense, 45 weeks out of the year. I fly over 100 segments and incorporate over 125,000 miles per annum. If you feel the same way after being "groped" and "physically violated" after 6 months, I would be very surprised. The constitution is also being violated. Where has my right to unlawful search and seizure gone. This canned response and others that I have recived from you concerning this and other matters is the main reason that you will NOT be receiving my vote November 2nd.

CredenzaQ
+1

^^^^

I don't travel nearly as much as you do, but I'd still hate it just ONCE, let alone 6 months.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:40 pm

P.S. I've torn up the campaign contribution check.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
Touche +1
Are you serious? The senator won this one, no doubt about it - basically all out stated he supports the body scanners, supports the pat-downs, and has no plans on changing.

Sorry, congress is on board with TSA and the WBIs. Yur best chance is in the court system. Good luck.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: Adrift in a sea of FF programs
He's my senator, too, and I've been very pleased and proud of the job he's done.

I'm very disappointed in Senator Feingold's response. As the lone holdout on the Patriot Act, I thought he would have a different view of these intrusive measures.

Great reply, CredenzaQ. I'm not a frequent flyer like you but I take great offense at having to make a choice between a government worker viewing my unclothed body or allowing a government worker touch my body in order to travel even the few times per year that I do fly.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:44 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Not to worry, Russ is going to have some time on his hands soon.... Very disappointing response from the only Senator to vote against the disgusting (un)Patriot(ic) Act.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by IslandBased
P.S. I've torn up the campaign contribution check.
You should have crossed out Feingold's name and made it out to Ron Johnson. I'm sure the RJ camp would've gotten a chuckle out of it.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Originally Posted by SATTSO
Are you serious? The senator won this one, no doubt about it - basically all out stated he supports the body scanners, supports the pat-downs, and has no plans on changing.

Sorry, congress is on board with TSA and the WBIs. Yur best chance is in the court system. Good luck.
The touche and +1 were to the response, not the TSA butt kissing congress critter who needs to get ejected from congress post haste.

I hate to break it to you cupcake but not all of congress is kissing TSA butt. I had a chat with not only this critters senior aid i had with with the congressman himself after speaking to the local critter and educating him, you should have seen the light come on in his head, Im surprised it didnt cause him to stroke out. The tide is turning and congress is learning that when you dont listen to the people (Not special interests, corporation,etc) your job becomes a big target.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Cher905
You should have crossed out Feingold's name and made it out to Ron Johnson. I'm sure the RJ camp would've gotten a chuckle out of it.
Not that the actual Senator wrote the letter to the poster (likely a low-tier staffer), a better effect would have been sending back the response with a torn-up contribution check and a copy of the check made out to Johnson...but again, slim chance the actual Senator would have seen it.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by Senator Feingold
Sound of Charlie Brown's teacher: "whaaaaaa wha wha whaaa whaaaaaaaaaa"
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat/1MM

That's okay--he will be losing his job in a few days.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by VonS
That's okay--he will be losing his job in a few days.
Perhaps. I could actually care less. Yet congress will continue to support the WBIs and TSA policy in general.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Perhaps. I could actually care less. Yet congress will continue to support the WBIs and TSA policy in general.
Only because it's what they think the people want, and TSA claims the people want.

If they find out otherwise, I wouldn't count on their support.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
Only because it's what they think the people want, and TSA claims the people want.

If they find out otherwise, I wouldn't count on their support.
Don't forget, kettles are people too! . And they vote, and contact member of congress also. So i don't expect congress to change it's agenda.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.