Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

How many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by JoiseyGirl
a lot of the posts here are absolutely "hostile" towards TSA
Respect, as well as enmity, is earned. In this case the enmity is well earned.

most of them don't truly know a dang thing.......
And you do?

The ones that are the hostile and ignorant are the ones who would be the first to scream that TSA wasn't doing their job if we had an attack on our homeland....it is quite sad......
The ignorant ones are those who think that 9/11 had anything to do with screening failures (it didn't, the 9/11 hijackers met the screening standards that were in effect at that time), and will willingly give up any & all of their dignity & civil liberties in the pursuit of "security".
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by BearX220
I would say there's much more hostility and ignorance in evidence at the average TSA checkpoints, most of it generated by TSOs. The testimony here and elsewhere is overwhleming.

And I doubt anyone here would second-guess TSA if there were another attack on our country (what is it with "homeland" all the time? Doesn't it sound Orwellian? What's wrong with "country"?)... as nobody here believes most TSA initiatives reduce the odds of such an attack in the first place. This is theatre criticism.
Actually, there have been several attempts, all foiled by other passengers. TSA shown itself adept at getting whacked by the ACLU (Bierfeld, Fofana) and grabbing boobs.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:48 am

Wow.

The ones that are the hostile and ignorant are the ones who would be the first to scream that TSA wasn't doing their job if we had an attack on our homeland....it is quite sad......

Actually, hostility and ignorance do NOT seem to go hand in hand in this anger toward the TSA. I'd say it's the intelligent folks - those nuts who have some familiarity with the constitution and fourth amendment rights - that are entering their protests over the TSA. (Darn, wish I could commission a poll asking people their IQ or highest educational level attained! Wouldn't that be an interesting poll?)
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:12 am

In my mind TSA is looking for a needle in a haystack with a Bulldozer.
Somehow I think there might be a more effective approach.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Actually, there have been several attempts, all foiled by other passengers.
That is true. TSA has been a lot better at keeping shampoo off airplanes than evil-doers. And, yes, fondling peoples' breasts and crotches for no good reason.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Following along with TSA tradition, it would seem that we have another "hit and run" poster here.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by LessO2
Combined, there are about five to seven that infrequently contribute, and about three regulars. Most are screeners, two who moved from screener to the office, one is a lead, another one is a supervisor. One is a BDO, and there are about three FAMs who are a glutton for punishment.

The environment here has gotten very hostile over the last couple of years, so most of them contribute once in a blue moon. Suspicion that one of them has two logins.

There is also one regular who works for the Canadian TSA equivalent.

But there are a LOT more lurkers, from the rank-and-file to folks at DHS and TSA HQ who read this forum.
There was at least one poster who was a TSA screener who retroactively deleted all of his posts. I am sure that this FT'er had valid reasons for doing so (and this is not the time or place to speculate about it), but it was a bit silly, since many of the deleted posts had been quoted by other posters, and thus still quite visible.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnneeO
There was at least one poster who was a TSA screener who retroactively deleted all of his posts. I am sure that this FT'er had valid reasons for doing so (and this is not the time or place to speculate about it), but it was a bit silly, since many of the deleted posts had been quoted by other posters, and thus still quite visible.
I know who you're talking about.

But there's a second one that has been surreptitiously doing the same thing.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:44 am
Original Poster

No "hit and run" poster here it seems the hostility that is directed to TSA and TSO's is from being treated disrespectful at checkpoints. For that, the TSO is directly responsible NOT TSA. I actually am not here to banter uglies back and forth but to say that I am thankful each time I am on a airplane that I feel safe. If you (all of you) except for LessO2 want to bash me for expressing my opinion then so be it.....

It seems to me that we all have had at one time or another had bad experiences whether it be with checkpoints at airports or other transportation vessels......I just voice what is my opinion and thankfully I am thick skinned

So, bash away......Oh, btw, I had real life things to do and that is why I didn't post for the last few days
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: OnePass
No "hit and run" poster here it seems the hostility that is directed to TSA and TSO's is from being treated disrespectful at checkpoints. For that, the TSO is directly responsible NOT TSA. I actually am not here to banter uglies back and forth but to say that I am thankful each time I am on a airplane that I feel safe. If you (all of you) except for LessO2 want to bash me for expressing my opinion then so be it.....

It seems to me that we all have had at one time or another had bad experiences whether it be with checkpoints at airports or other transportation vessels......I just voice what is my opinion and thankfully I am thick skinned

So, bash away......Oh, btw, I had real life things to do and that is why I didn't post for the last few days
Just so you're aware, you are NO SAFER with the TSA in charge than you were on 9/10/2001.

All the TSA has done is make it more difficult for a US Citizen to move with his own country.

The TSA has done nothing to make the air safer. In fact, I'll dare say they've done more to make it less safe.

But you believe what you want.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
so, why do you feel safe each time you are on an airplane?

Is it that you feel confident the aircraft maintenance crew have done their job?

That the refuelers have put the correct fuel into the tanks?

The pilot is well trained and certified?

The Flight Attendants are well trained and certified?

Your seat meets safety standards?

Your seat belt meets safety standards?

Your underpants elastic is 'fit for purpose'?

All these things are mandated and measurable, the TSA circus and TSO charade, not so much...
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:58 am
Suspended

Actually, the TSA is responsible for the actions of its screeners as TSA has stated that passengers will be treated with respect and dignity. If TSA does not take action to eliminate rogue screeners, the organization is culpable.

You also need to remember that the actions and attitudes of screeners are driven from the top down, as with any organization. If top management doesn't care, neither will the lowest level personnel.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do you feel safe when on commercial airplanes?

TSA does not screen all cargo.

TSA does not screen all of the workers on the ramp or in the sterile areas of the airports.

TSA does not screen airport vehicles when they enter the airport operation areas.

The risk is as much present today just as it was 10 years ago. Any person wishing to attack commercial aviation will exploit the weaknesses that are available and TSA places a dinner plate full of opportunities to would be terrorist.

What you see that makes you feel safe is mostly show and does not add much to the safety quotient.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by LessO2
The environment here has gotten very hostile over the last couple of years, so most of them contribute once in a blue moon.
Unfortunately, this forum has been very unwelcoming and hostile to any and all TSA/DHS employees from Day One and not just the last couple of years.

I've been a moderator in this forum since it opened for business in 2004 and have seen well over 200 TSA/DHS FT'ers run out of town on a rail.

It seems to me we'd want to encourage a few to stay around so that we could cuss and discuss TS/S issues with them rather than just argue amongst ourselves.

But that's just me I guess.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by Cholula
Unfortunately, this forum has been very unwelcoming and hostile to any and all TSA/DHS employees from Day One and not just the last couple of years.

I've been a moderator in this forum since it opened for business in 2004 and have seen well over 200 TSA/DHS FT'ers run out of town on a rail.

It seems to me we'd want to encourage a few to stay around so that we could cuss and discuss TS/S issues with them rather than just argue amongst ourselves.

But that's just me I guess.
To be fair, a number of those were run out of town by their employer. It's not just the regulars here that have impacted participation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.