Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Ever Gotten a Dirty Look from a TSAer you showed up before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE

A little over a week ago, I was going through at LAX and (shockingly) didn't get any guff over my NEXUS card. All in all, it was a nice, smooth experience.

That said, I did get a terribly dirty look from the moron who started the big NEXUS card incident by not taking it and making up lies about my demeanor (he needs to look up belligerent in the dictionary). He was manning the X-Ray screen and kept looking back at me and giving a really dirty look. Didn't say anything, probably because he knew what would happen if he did, but it sure was odd.

Anyone else have this experience?
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1120A
A little over a week ago, I was going through at LAX and (shockingly) didn't get any guff over my NEXUS card. All in all, it was a nice, smooth experience.

That said, I did get a terribly dirty look from the moron who started the big NEXUS card incident by not taking it and making up lies about my demeanor (he needs to look up belligerent in the dictionary). He was manning the X-Ray screen and kept looking back at me and giving a really dirty look. Didn't say anything, probably because he knew what would happen if he did, but it sure was odd.

No.

Because if I have an issue at the checkpoint, I'm not there to "show up" anyone.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Hahaha. YES, it happened to me as well, at MCO!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:41 am
Suspended

Too bad you didn't call the supervisor just for drill. You could probably construe that as assault (did you feel threatened?) but it would be a tough sell.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Occasionally happens to me when I tell the TSO to use a new ETD pad.. For example:

I flew out of MCI yesterday with a pelican case containing a satellite phone & GPS locater. XRAY TSO called a bag check, and took the case to swab it. I told him to stand where he was and not to do anything until I got my belongings. When I was done, he grabbed a swab, and I stopped him before he touched the case. I asked if it was new, he said yes, and I asked him to get one from the container. I felt the from him, and he complied. After I was done, he put the one he had used in the area of the ETD machine that had others waiting to be used... So much for using a new swab the first time
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by LessO2
No.

Because if I have an issue at the checkpoint, I'm not there to "show up" anyone.
Yeah, snarky response not necessary, given that I'm not there to show up anyone either. I don't even think I showed him up before, but I'm guessing his behavior got him at least yelled at by someone (actually, I know it got him yelled at by an LAWA police officer), so I'm sure he felt that way.

Originally Posted by n4zhg
Too bad you didn't call the supervisor just for drill. You could probably construe that as assault (did you feel threatened?) but it would be a tough sell.
1) I was short of time.

2) There is no way I could construe it as assault. I know better than that, and I wouldn't play it that way anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:40 am

That said, I did get a terribly dirty look from the moron who started the big NEXUS card incident...
Next time look him in the eye and blow him a kiss or give him a wink. That will likely infuriate him.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:09 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by n4zhg
Perhaps he should be sent to Iran and stoned to death for his crime . . .
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:24 am

What, TSA people are not allowed to have human emotions?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:25 am

Last December, I was flying out of RDU with my wife. Was in line waiting to get to the TDC. While we were waiting, I spotted the Nude-o-scope behind the WTMD (then being used as secondary only). I pointed it out to my wife and mentioned, rather loudy, about how that was the machine the TSA used to look under your clothes. The TDC the next line over caught my eye and just glared at me for a few seconds, then rolled her eyes and looked away.

Before she looked away, she called for a supervisor. Not sure if that was related to me or not (nobody came up to talk to me).
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by wildcatlh
Last December, I was flying out of RDU with my wife. Was in line waiting to get to the TDC. While we were waiting, I spotted the Nude-o-scope behind the WTMD (then being used as secondary only). I pointed it out to my wife and mentioned, rather loudy, about how that was the machine the TSA used to look under your clothes. The TDC the next line over caught my eye and just glared at me for a few seconds, then rolled her eyes and looked away.

Before she looked away, she called for a supervisor. Not sure if that was related to me or not (nobody came up to talk to me).
Well, you're acting like a kid, loudly complaining about something.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:29 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by senseker
Well, you're acting like a kid, loudly complaining about something.
Actually, he's acting like a responsible adult by informing people what those machines really do.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Actually, he's acting like a responsible adult by informing people what those machines really do.
And some things merit loud complaints from responsible adults. Wonder why that upsets smurfs so much.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
There's better ways then going HURR DURR I HAETZ DESE MACHINES ERRYBODY LISSEN' TOO MEEEEH AS I SPEEK LOUDLY.

I like the pamphlet idea. Or even talking to your fellow passengers, not yelling across the checkpoint like a little kid.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by senseker
There's better ways then going HURR DURR I HAETZ DESE MACHINES ERRYBODY LISSEN' TOO MEEEEH AS I SPEEK LOUDLY.
From the OP: "I pointed it out to my wife and mentioned, rather loudy, about how that was the machine the TSA used to look under your clothes."

That hardly sounds like your characterization, but we all know better than to expect honesty from anyone who works for your agency, now, don't we?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.