Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ID questioned

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: Vanishing
Originally Posted by goalie
did you complain/protest? what was the outcome?
Oh, I complained all right. The normally very responsive Customer Relations Manager at DFW (I had reason to deal with him before) agreed to my other half of the complaint (LTSO: "Your Constitutional rights do not exist when you enter the screening check-point"; I guess the LTSO got an earful for that remark), but the answer to the passport issue was just "the screener found an abnormality with the ID".
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SATTSO
Serious question for ya - just how different are you now from your DL pic? Some people change dramatically, for better or worse. However, even if the TSA person thinks the ID is not you, you would get through. First they would ask you questions, verify address, DOB, things like that. If worst really came to worst, they would get a LEO would would have to verify that is your DL, and then you would get through.
Honestly, not that different -- the pic is less than a year old and this has never happened, and I get "carded" at various places (stores, bars, etc) several times a week. I was wearing glasses that day, whereas no glasses in the picture. My hair was wavier that day (straight in the picture), but the same color and length. When the woman just kept looking down at my ID and back up at me over and over, I finally took my glasses off, tugged at my hair to make it appear straighter, and smiled as broadly and DMV-ly as possible. She said "sorry, you just really don't look like your picture." Considering my license has my age, my height, my weight, and an indication saying I wear corrective lenses, and that this has never ever happened before, and less than a year old on top of that, I was thrown. I offered to show her my school ID but she just let me through anyway.

It would have been nice if she said something instead of just staring at me for a solid minute.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by pineappley
It would have been nice if she said something instead of just staring at me for a solid minute.
Perhaps the doc checker was doing double duty of a BDO, employing the junk science of trying to ferret out evildoers by facial microexpressions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.