Search

Issues at MCO Security

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Issues at MCO Security

I'm not a fan of MCO security to begin with travelling solo and last week was travelling with my husband and six year old daughter (she is gold, we are platinum). We tried to use the expert lane and were denied for the reason that she is a minor. I asked how the virtue of her being a minor kept her from the expert lane but was ignored and relegated to the slow kettle lane.

For the record, no where on the TSA site does it say that the expert site cannot be used by minors.

The second issue was regarding liquids. I heard "bag check" on my tray regarding my 3 "3 -1-1" bags. I was then quizzed how many travellers there were. I said two (husband had gone ahead in the expert lane) and she started complaining about us having three 311 bags. I said that only one was liquids, the other two were medicines and that there was not a limit to those. She muttered something, rolled her eyes, and threw the bags in the tray.

I realize that the majority of travellers threw MCO do not know the rules, but there are enough that do, that they need to abide by them.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
I had a similar issue at LAS, when I was involuntarily directed into the special assistance lane b/c I was traveling with my wife and three year old in his stroller. I had a bad feeling about it that was confirmed when the TSA made some inappropriate decisions about how many liquids were appropriate for my toddler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.